ProPDFConverter is a notorious program which is a deemed as potentially unwanted program. It is a product of ProPDFConverter.com that hosts a direct download for a browser hijacker developed by Mindspark Interactive. In case, your system has extension or any other unwanted programs related to this malware, learn that it will modify browser's homepage, search engine and new tab settings. This nasty program enters the system and performs in the same way as a malicious PUP does on other system. It will show you targeted advertisements and other similar content. An unwanted program can cause great loss to you.
As the name suggests, ProPDFConverter is a program created for converting PDF files over the Internet. The name itself is enough to drag users toward it and lure them into using the system. This malicious program may act as helpful for user, but have unwanted functions or actions which is carried out on the system. Installing this program can be potentially annoying for your system and can cause damage to the system. This nasty virus will block all the anti-virus programs on your system and also forbids accessing of legitimate web pages and sites. Even it can cause severe data loss as well restrict you to install genuine programs and applications.
The unwanted program messes up entire system and it’s resources. What’s more worse, this notorious malware will irritate you by displaying bogus alerts, pop ups, banners along with numerous error messages while surfing all the time. ProPDFConverter will alter desktop background image and browser’s default settings. In addition, it can even steal away sensitive data from infected computer system and pass it to the third party in order to earn huge profit. It then puts your system privacy and security at risk and must be removed completely from the system without any delay.
Talking about the delivery methods of ProPDFConverter, there are typically many ways by which it can invade your system. It is distributed via third party set-ups such as free download, spam emails, drive-by downloads, redirected links for software update, online games and so on. However, bundled software or freewares are most common distribution method used to distribute malwares. In order to remove ProPDFConverter from your system, you need to install an effective anti-malware tool on your system.
Learn To Remove ProPDFConverter Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete ProPDFConverter Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of ProPDFConverter Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to ProPDFConverter related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from ProPDFConverter On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing ProPDFConverter from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.