|Warning, many anti-virus scanner have detected CONTI Ransomware as threat to your computer|
|CONTI Ransomware is flagged by these Anti Virus Scanner|
|Anti Virus Software||Version||Detection|
|AutoShun||1.635233||Variant of Win64/Trojan.CONTI Ransomware.A|
|Yandex Safebrowsing||5.0.403||OnlinePCGuard, Yazzle Cowabanga|
|Suggestion: Uninstall CONTI Ransomware Completely – Free Download|
CONTI Ransomware may have entered your pc through these software. If you have not installed them , then get rid of them Myth II Icons , World of Aqua: After Dark Icons , Still Life 2.3.4 , 4Videosoft iPod Plus iPhone Mate , GPA Calculator 1.2 , Alexpartner iVideo Converter , Media Grabber 1.0 , Backuptrans for iPhone 2.13.01 , Brain Gym 1.0.1 , Leaping Lemmings 2004.07.26 , Wake Up Time Pro 2.0.1 , Ricochet Infinity 1.0 , MovieGate 3.11 , XtraFinder 0.25.4
Detailed Description Of CONTI Ransomware
CONTI Ransomware is a file encrypting malware and has been identified as an updated version of its predecessor. The ransomware is capable of encrypting files of various formats using a strong and secure encryption code. Users may find their files in non-working condition as soon as the ransomware launches its attack. It is even capable of making unwanted changes in crucial system’s settings that allows it to relaunch itself. CONTI Ransomware has been found to delete shadow volume copies of windows operatign system that makes it difficult to obtain the files, but an advanced tool, such as the one provided here, can be of immense help to an affected user in recovering their files. It has been observed that the ransomware uses deceiving means to spread itself widely. CONTI Ransomware has been identified to use spam messages to alarm users by sending documents drafted as invoice, purchase order, account detail and bank receipts to make them believe in the legitimacy of these contents. The subject lines of these mails have been using different templates that allows it to evade inbuilt messaging spam filters. It has also been observed that the documents use names and designs of reputed firms to further its claim of validation. Users may unknowingly click on the attachments that contain the ransomware embedded as a macro. CONTI Ransomware has also been found to be using software bundling mechanisms to evade users scrutiny. The payloads are bundled-up with freeware and are hidden as valid file formats such as archives, which immediately get installed along with the other applications.
CONTI Ransomware can be observed to encrypt various files such as texts, images, audio files, video clips, presentations, databases, spreadsheets, backups and archives. The files can immediately become unrecognizable to the operating system and hence cannot be executed by it. They get an extension and get renamed with that extension being appended to the end of the previous file name. CONTI Ransomware leaves a ransom note within all existing folders and the desktop that contains information regarding the attack. The note asks affected users to contact the threat actors at an email id. CONTI Ransomware informs the users that they can receive further instructions upon contacting them using their personal identifier, which consists of random characters. Since the ransom note does not give details regarding the ransom amount that needs to be paid by users in order to obtain a decryption key, it would be safe to assume that it can be negotiated. However it is unsafe and users can remove the ransomware by following this post.
A: How To Remove CONTI Ransomware From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill CONTI Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the CONTI Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall CONTI Ransomware From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all CONTI Ransomware related items from list.
B: How to Restore CONTI Ransomware Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing CONTI Ransomware from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing CONTI Ransomware from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by CONTI Ransomware with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.