Is your PC attacked by CryptoGod 2018 Ransomware? Unable to access stored data and files on compromised PC? Can't remove CryptoGod 2018 Ransomware from compromised PC? Well then you need to read and check this post out as it contains all relevant information as well as wsorking Guide that would definitely help victims in cleaning this malware from their PC.
Lets begin with CryptoGod 2018 Ransomware and its noxious behavior first of all. Since users might be well acquainted with it. If not for such users we would like to discuss that it is file encrypting malware which is capable to strike any Windows based PC on its will. It has been reported lately by Security Experts. Once it strikes and compromises the PC, it will lock each and every files. Once the files are enciphered it is needless to quote that access will be completely denied and users will be prevented from accessing their own files.
CryptoGod 2018 Ransomware holds files hostage for the sake of ransom and intimidate users for paying out the ransom as soon as possible. Not a single file can be escaped from the clutches of hackers and they know well how to make use of CryptoGod 2018 Ransomware for getting this task done. It is based on hidden tear Open Source project and is yet another addition to the infamous Ransomware database. But users should take note of it that none of the files can be restored once it has been enciphered by this robust malware. So there is no point paying the ransom to hackers. Why because even if the ransom amount is paid, the hope for decryption tool will not be fulfilled by hackers. The complete attempt to restore data will be futile and wastage of hard earned money.
What CryptoGod 2018 Ransomware Victims Should Do?
Therefore it will be wise not to proceed for any payment instead victims should follow the CryptoGod 2018 Ransomware removal guide that has been given below. Also in case if you are unable to follow the steps, opt for automatic process as it is time saving and effective.
A: How To Remove CryptoGod 2018 Ransomware From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill CryptoGod 2018 Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the CryptoGod 2018 Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall CryptoGod 2018 Ransomware From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all CryptoGod 2018 Ransomware related items from list.
B: How to Restore CryptoGod 2018 Ransomware Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing CryptoGod 2018 Ransomware from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing CryptoGod 2018 Ransomware from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by CryptoGod 2018 Ransomware with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.