DBGer Ransomware is a new name of re-branded Satan Ransomware announced by malware analysts on June 13th, 2018. according to the security analysts, the modification was not only in the ransomware name but also in their modus operandi. The re-branded Satan Ransomware incorporates the Mimikatz and EternalBlue to distribute across the global network. To get complete information of DBGer Ransomware and its file decryption guide, keep reading this post completely.
Technical Details of DBGer Ransomware That You Must Know
|Name of Threat||DBGer Ransomware|
|Risk Level||Very High|
|Discovered on||June 13, 2017|
|Developed By||Cyber Hackers|
|Ransom Amount||1 Bitcoin|
|Distribution Method||Exploit of Server Message Block technology, Insecure email attachments, Spam campaigns, Torrent downloads etc.|
|To get rid of DBGer Ransomware and decrypt files easily and safely, System users must download Windows Scanner Tool inside your PC.|
Details of DBGer Ransomware In Short
As it is cleared from the aforementioned paragraph that DBGer Ransomware is a re-branded name of Satan Ransomware which means Satan Ransomware comes with some other negative traits. Likewise traditional ransomware, it also proliferates inside the Windows machine silent via an exploit of Server message block technology dubbed as EternalBlue abs carries CVE-2017-0144. The developers of this ransomware uses EternalBlue exploit kit to invade the remote Systems by distributing special data packets. Once DBGer Ransomware is successfully installed inside the PC, it immediately start to conduct several malicious actions.
Activities Conduced By DBGer Ransomware
The developers of DBGer Ransomware is mainly known to encipher users files including text documents, photos, spreadsheets, eBooks, presentations, databases, video as well as audio records etc. Its creator mainly applies strong AES cipher algorithm to encrypt data and prevent the affected users from accessing their data and contents. According to the security analysts report, it mainly includes “Mimikatz” module that extracts users almost all login details from the email clients, FTP clients, IM clients, remote desktop applications, web browsers etc.
After encrypting files, the actors of DBGer Ransomware displays a text file on desktop screen dubbed as _How_to_decrypt_files.txt. This text file often serves as a ransom note that asks victim to make 1 Bitcoin payment to get the unique decryption key and decipher System files. The targeted files of this ransomware can be easily notified because it renames them by adding .dbger file extension. But you should not pay ransom demanded fee because it is not a right way to deal with developers of DBGer Ransomware. Rather than paying money to ransomware developers, System users must get rid of DBGer Ransomware from their PC.
How To Remove DBGer Ransomware Virus Manually
Step 1 : Restart your computer in safe with networking
- Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key continuously.
- You will find the Advance Boot Option on your computer screen.
- Select Safe Mode With Networking Option by using arrow keys.
- Login your computer with Administrator account.
Step 2 : Step all DBGer Ransomware related process
- Press the Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box.
- Type “taskmgr” and Click OK or Hit Enter button.
- Now go to the Process tab and find out DBGer Ransomware related process.
- Click on End Process button to stop that running process.
Step 3 : Restore Your Windows PC To Factory Settings
System Restore Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results.
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option.
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Hope these manual steps help you successfully remove the DBGer Ransomware infection from your computer. If you have performed all the above manual steps and still can’t access your files or cannot remove this nasty ransomware infection from your computer then you should choose a powerful malware removal tool. You can easily remove this harmful virus from your computer by using third party tool. It is the best and the most easy way to get rid of this infection.
If you have any further question regarding this threat or its removal then you can directly ask your question from our experts. A panel of highly experienced and qualified tech support experts are waiting to help you.