Recently, team of security analysts have detected a new ransomware named [email protected] Ransomware which is very closely related to the Arrow Ransomware. Like other ransomware it also locks victims files by adding [email protected] file extension. If somehow your System files are also encrypted with this ransomware and you really want to decrypt them then go through with this expert's guidelines completely.
Threat's Profile of [email protected] Ransomware
|Name of Threat||[email protected] Ransomware|
|Belongs to||Dharma Ransomware|
|Original Variant||Arrow Ransomware|
|Discovered on||07th March, 2018|
|Encryption Algorithm||AES cryptography|
|Danger Level||Very High|
|Affected System||All version of Windows OS|
|File Extension||[email protected]|
|Contact Email Address||[email protected] or [email protected]|
|Description||It is one of the worst System infection that locks user's personal as well as mostly used files and asks victim for ransom fee.|
|Occurrences||Spam campaigns, malspam, fake software updates, exploit kits etc.|
|Removal Recommendations||To delete [email protected] Ransomware from PC, download free windows scanner tool.|
All Crucial Facts Related To [email protected] Ransomware
[email protected] Ransomware is another creation of cyber criminals having evil intention. This ransomware doesn't introduce any new code to crypto-threat because actually it is another variant of Arrow Ransomware which in turn into Dharma Ransomware variant. It is not too much different from it's predecessors.
File Encryption Procedure of [email protected] Ransomware
It has been programmed to lock the entire data container using open source cipher algorithm known as AES-256 algorithm. It is know to lock almost all stored files including MS Office documents, images, documents, audios, videos, databases, notes and much more. After locking files, it drops a ransom note as a program windows that listed the Bitcoin wallet address where users are directed to transfer money to unlock files.
However, falling into the partnership or paying money to cyber criminals can expose you at the risk of data loss and money because each collected ransom fee motivates the cyber criminals for the further malware attacks. Affected users can easily retrieve their crucial data using backup copy. But to keep all valuable data and PC safe from further malware attack, the removal of [email protected] Ransomware is highly recommended.
Intrusion Method of [email protected] Ransomware
Belonging to Dharma Ransomware family, [email protected] Ransomware uses several social engineering campaigns and deceptive techniques to infect Windows Systems all over the world. It often injects it's malicious code or payload into the MS Documents and attached the infected documents into rogue email address. Generally spam emails are sent from the unverified sources or email addresses. Therefore, it is strictly advised by experts that users must not open any message or download any attachment that sent from unknown person or sender.
Remove [email protected] Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove [email protected] Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove [email protected] Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To [email protected] Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find [email protected] Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove [email protected] Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove [email protected] Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the [email protected] Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the [email protected] Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.