Boost Ransomware : Another Ransomware Released By Dharma Developers
In the ransomware category, Dharma is one of the most notorious and harmful one. It's developer has released so many variant to infect PC at wide but recently they released Boost Ransomware. The latest or recent ransom virus relies on strong and powerful AES file encryption algorithm to make victim's data inaccessible or useless. It adds .boost file extension to target data. In order to informs victim about Boost Ransomware attack, it also drops a ransom note entitled as FILES ENCRYPTED.txt on each infected folder. If somehow your System files are also locked with this ransomware and you really want to decrypt your files then first of all you must delete Boost Ransomware from your PC.
Technical Details of Boost Ransomware
|Threat's Type||Boost Ransomware|
|Affected PCs||Windows OS|
|Ransom Note||FILES ENCRYPTED.txt|
|Removal Recommendations||To detect & delete Boost Ransomware from your PC, users must download Windows Scanner Tool.|
Ways Through Which Boost Ransomware Compromises PC
The infection of Boost Ransomware is usually occur just because of the user's careless [behavior. It is primarily conduced via spammed e-mail that have several deceptive message. Spam message often pretends to be sent from the legitimate companies but actually spam message are designed by hackers and they uses just only the logos of legitimate companies to trick users into clicking on it. Once users opened on clicked on any suspicious attachment then their PC easily gets victimized by Boost Ransomware. The another social engineering tactics including :
- Fake pictures and buttons.
- Fake emails
- Fraudulent link
- Bundling method
- Torrent downloads
- P2P file sharing site and many more
Actions Performed By Boost Ransomware On Affected PCs
As son as Boost Ransomware gets inside the PC, it enables itself to plague or infect the large number of System components and reach to data encryption. At the starting of infection procedure, it drops or creates additional malicious files in installed folder. It alters the registry keys and start-up section to start itself automatically when user restart or boot their machine. Then after, it immediately start the file encryption procedure using powerful AES encryption algorithm. The targeted objects of such a ransomware can be notable by it's file extension .boost and its ransom notes FILES ENCRYPTED.txt. By displaying ransom note, hackers advised victim to pay ransom fee but team of security experts are strictly warned victims to do so. They are highly recommended to get rid of Boost Ransomware instantly instead of making a deal with Boost Ransomware developers.
How To Remove Boost Ransomware From Your PC
Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
- Now your computer will get started in Safe Mode with Networking.
End Boost Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard.
- Task manager Windows will get opened on your computer screen.
- Go to Precess tab, find the Boost Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Uninstall Boost Ransomware From Windows 7 Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all Boost Ransomware related items from list.
Uninstall Boost Ransomware From Windows 8 Control Panel
- On right edge of screen, Click on Search button and type “Control Panel”.
- Now choose the Uninstall a Program option from Programs category.
- Find and delete Boost Ransomware related items from the programs list.
Delete Boost Ransomware From Windows 10 Control Panel
- Click on Start button and search Control Panel from Search Box.
- Got to Programs and select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Select and Remove all Boost Ransomware related programs.
Remove Boost Ransomware Related Registry Entries
- Press Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Select and remove all Boost Ransomware related entries.
Remove Boost Ransomware Infection From msconfig
- Open Run Box by pressing Windows+R buttons together.
- Now type “msconfig” in the Run Box and press Enter.
- Open Startup tab and uncheck all entries from unknown manufacturer.
Hope the above process has helped you in removing the Boost Ransomware virus completely from your computer. If you still have this nasty ransomware left in your PC then you should opt for a malware removal tool. It is the most easy way to remove this harmful computer virus from your computer. Download the Free Boost Ransomware Scanner on your system and scan your computer. It can easily find and remove this pesky ransomware threat from your PC.
If you have any questions regarding the removal of this virus then you can ask your question from your PC security experts. They will feel happy to solve your problem.