|Name||Capesand Exploit Kit|
|Description||A new Exploit Kit (EK) which is circulating over the internet.|
|Affected Web Browser||Internet Explorer|
|Affected PC||Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10.|
|Removal||Click to remove Capesand Exploit Kit|
Brief Description Of Capesand Exploit Kit
Malware researchers have recently spotted a new Exploit Kit (EK) which is circulating over the internet named Capesand Exploit Kit. It was first uncovered on October 2019. After studying the Capesand Exploit Kit very deeply, cyber security experts believe that the creators of this Capesand Exploit Kit has lack of experience as most of the code it appears to be borrowed from already existing hacking tools whose code is publicly available.
The Capesand Exploit Kit is a project which in progress as it would seem that its creators haven't finished developing it yet. The people who are utilizing the Capesand Exploit Kit which is typically a hacking group that is well known to have used the RIG Exploit Kit previously. The creators have decided to switch to the Capesand Exploit Kit as it is a new brand and its developers are launching updates constantly and also adds regularly new exploits by means the threat can utilize in its campaigns.
The Capesand Exploit Kit has been programmed to target vulnerabilities in the Adobe Flash software suite as well as in the Internet Explorer web browser. Moreover, the Capesand Exploit Kit attempts to exploit the following vulnerabilities found in the Internet Explorer web browser which are CVE-2019-0752, CVE-2018-15982, CVE-2015-2419. The Capesand Exploit Kit looks for the vulnerabilities linked to the Adobe Flash application which are CVE-2018-4878 and CVE-2018-15982.
Instead of carrying an unsafe payload, the Capesand Exploit Kit fetches payload from a Command and Control (C&C) server which is hosting the payloads of the additional malware. As soon as the Capesand Exploit Kit detects a vulnerability, it exploits and establish a connection with the C&C server and grab the payload which will be planted on the compromised host. It has been spotted in planting two hacking tools on its victim's computer systems which are the njRAT and the DarkRAT (Remote Access Trojan).
The Capesand Exploit Kit extremely rely on those users who don't update their applications. That's why it is very crucial to keep all your software up to date. Moreover, you must obtain a reputable anti-malware solution which will ensure you to not become the victim of the Capesand Exploit Kit.
Steps to Remove Capesand Exploit Kit
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Capesand Exploit Kit
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Capesand Exploit Kit
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Capesand Exploit Kit and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Capesand Exploit Kit
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Capesand Exploit Kit and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Capesand Exploit Kit. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Capesand Exploit Kit related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Capesand Exploit Kit, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Capesand Exploit Kit Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Capesand Exploit Kit Running Processes.
- Right Click on Capesand Exploit Kit and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Capesand Exploit Kit Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Capesand Exploit Kit and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Capesand Exploit Kit Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Capesand Exploit Kit, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!