|Virus Type:||Trojan, Malware|
More details will be displayed in the following article.
If you want to save time, please directly skip to the easy guide to remove ExileRAT.
You can directly download the anti-virus tool here:
ExileRAT : New Malware That Infects Members of Central Tibetan Administration
Recently, team of the malware researchers have encountered a new phishing campaigns of Remote Access Trojan that deliver a malware named ExileRAT. It is mainly known for targeting the member of Central Tibetan Administration. Compared to the another remote access Trojan, the functionality of ExileRAT is quite limited but it still allows its developer to execute several commands on hacked machine, control the system executing processes, download and upload system file, gather information of network as well as system configuration and many more. Since the attack of ExileRAT are tied to the specific political group so most of the users think that it doesn't affect home users. If you are also one of them who think same thing then you are wrong because ExileRAT can affect any Windows user.
ExileRAT : Mainly Linked To LuckyCAT
Upon the in-depth analysis, researchers revealed a connection between the campaign of ExileRAT and the previous remote access trojan and that is ExileRAT is linked to LuckyCAT remote access Trojan which is regarded as a malevolent tool created by team of cyber hackers to target the Android devices of Tibetan users in year 2013. Both malware shares the identical C&C servers and the target group, so it can be suspected that behind the creation of ExileRAT same cyber hackers are evolved. After getting inside the targeted machine, it causes several serious issues for affected Windows users. This is why, deletion of ExileRAT is highly recommended.
Get Familiar With The Propagation Campaign of ExileRAT
The developer of ExileRAT uses very cleverly thing to compromise users machine. They often uses the random email topics and the document to deliver its payload. Besides, hackers deliver the fake copy of document in .ppsx file on official site of Central Tibetan Administration and urges users into opening it. Downloading of such a file may lead your PC to this malware because this file is loaded with the macro script. Besides this, the creators of such a malware uses lots of ways to infect users PC. Once it gets inside the PC, it takes the additional measure in order to gain persistence in users machine. To do so, it creates a schedules task inside the Machine which can be entitled as "Diagnostic_System_Host".
Harmful Effects of ExileRAT
- Injects several suspicious malware after opening backdoor.
- Permits hacker to access the affected machine remotely.
- Collects users personal data and send them to scammer with evil intention.
- Slows down Computer working speed.
- Delivers lots of fake notification, message or alert on user screen etc.
How to Remove ExileRAT from Compromised PC (Manual Steps)
(This guide is intended to help users in following Step by Step instructions in making Windows Safe)
The first step which need to be followed is to Restart Windows PC in Safe Mode
Reboot in Safe Mode (For Windows XP | Vista | Win7)
- Restart Computer
- Tap on F8 continuously when the PC starts booting and select the option to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
For Windows 8/8.1
- Press on the Start Button and then Choose Control Panel from the menu option
- Users need to opt for System and Security, to select Administrative Tools and then System Configuration.
3. Next, Click on the Safe Boot option and then choose OK, this will open a pop-up window, next Select Restart Option.
For Windows 10
- Start Menu is to be selected to Open it
- Press the power button icon which is present in the right corner, this will display power options menu.
- Keeping the SHIFT Key pressed on the keyboard, select the restart option. This will reboot Win 10
- Now you need to select the Troubleshoot icon, followed by advanced option in the startup Settings. Click on Restart. This will give the option to reboot, now select Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Uninstall ExileRAT from Task Manager on Windows
How to End the Running Process related to ExileRAT using Task Manager
- Firstly, Open Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc in Combination
- Next, Click on processes to Find ExileRAT
- Now Click and select End Process to terminate ExileRAT.
Step3: How to Uninstall ExileRAT from Control Panel on Windows
for Win XP| Vista and Win 7 Users
- Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Control Panel is to be selected from the list
- Next Click on Uninstall Program
- Users need to Choose suspicious program related to ExileRAT and right clicking on it.
- Finally, Select Uninstall option.
For Win 8
- Click and Select “Charms bar”
- Now Select Settings Option
- Next Click on Control Panel
- Select on Uninstall a Program Option and right click on program associated to ExileRAT and finally uninstall it.
For Windows 10
- The first Step is to Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Click on All Apps
- Choose ExileRAT and other suspicious program from the complete list
- Now right Click on to select ExileRAT and finally Uninstall it from Windows 10
Step: 4 How to Delete ExileRAT Created Files from Registry
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Windows Search Field and then press on Enter.
- This will open the registry entries. Now users need to press CTRL + F together and type ExileRAT to find the entries.
- Once located, delete all ExileRAT named entries. If you are unable to find it, you need to look up for it on the directories manually. Be careful and delete only ExileRAT entries, else it can damage your Windows Computer severely.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Still having any problem in getting rid of ExileRAT, or have any doubt regarding this, feel free to ask our experts.