Maykolin ransomware : All Essential Facts That You Must Know About It
Maykolin ransomware is a very notorious cyber infection analyzed by security analysts on May 2017. According to the security analysts, it is one of the worst ransomware infection constructed on .NET ransomware pattern that enables communication or interaction with C&C server to report the new victim. This ransomware receives its name from email addresses that used by its perpetrators to contact with victims. It is capable to infect all System executing on Windows based Operating System including Windows Server, Vista, Me, NT, XP, 8, 7 and latest version Windows 10.
Working Tactics of Maykolin ransomware
Belonging to the worst ransomware infection, Maykolin ransomware secretly penetrates inside PC with evil intention. As soon as Maykolin ransomware gets installed inside the PC, first of all it will connect to its C&C server to get the configuration details and to transmit detail about the compromised or infected Windows machine. After then it will proceed to create index of all infected files including files on external memory and network storage devices connected to victim's Computer. Similar to other variant of ransomware, it also makes files unreadable or inaccessible and extort money from victims. To encrypt files, it uses strong combination of RSA 2048 and AES 256 encryption algorithm.
The infected files of Maykolin ransomware can be easily identified because it added '.[[email protected]', at the end of each affected files. Unluckily, the encrypted files of Maykolin ransomware cannot be easily decrypted. Once locking files and making stored files inaccessible, it delivers a ransom note in the text file which entitled as "[email protected]". Ransom note contains following messages :
No Need To Purchase Decryption Key of Maykolin ransomware
The ransom note delivers all detailed, crucial and necessary detail for victim to understand actually what has just happened with their files. According to the extortionist, the locked files can be easily decrypted using unique AES decryption key. To prove reliability, the extortionists offers to decrypt 3 number of files for free without paying any cost. Unfortunately, currently it is not decryptable for free but ransom note instructs victims to pay ransom fee to hackers so that they will send you the free decryption code. But the paying money to hackers is not highly recommended because according to the security analysts, hackers often ignored victims once ransom amount is paid. Rather than contacting with cyber hackers victims must get rid of Maykolin ransomware.
Potential Sources of Maykolin ransomware Infiltration
- Spam campaigns including dubious attachments or malicious code.
- Bundling method containing additional packages.
- Hacked or gambling domain.
- Contaminated devices or drives.
- P2P file sharing network, fake software updater, torrent files etc.
Remove Maykolin ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove Maykolin ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove Maykolin ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To Maykolin ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find Maykolin ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove Maykolin ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove Maykolin ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the Maykolin ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the Maykolin ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.