Trojan.Downloader is a trojan virus which is recognized as a harmful program that drops other malware files into the uninfected computer silently. It’s presence into your computer system can triggers several damages to the computer system because it contains a backdoor for remote access. The intension of this virus is to deploy different kinds of malware that has a wide payload into the targeted computer system. It steals almost every confidential information of the users like personal credit card numbers, account passwords, important data, financial data etc. It can also download and install additional malware threats into the computer system.
Trojan.Downloader is generally expanded through spam emails, torrents, free distribution of software sites, email attachments, fake updates presented for installed softwares, Peer-to-Peer sharing networks and softwares, malicious video players and codecs, free downloadable games, Chat softwares, IRC channels, social media links, pornographic websites etc.
- Trojan.Downloader can download and install other malware in your PC.
- It can use your computer for fraud click.
- It can record your all keystrokes and the sites you visit.
- It can send important information about your PC like usernames, browsing histories and others to a remote malicious hacker.
- It can give a remote malicious hacker to access to your PC silently.
- It injects harmful advertising banners with the webpages that you are visiting.
- It turns web page text into hyperlinks randomly.
- It recommends fake updates and other software after appearing browser popups.
- Always choose Custom Installation mode in every software you are going to install.
- Always un-check all hidden options which attempts to install additional programs which you don’t need at all.
- Always scan all downloaded attachments of email properly before opening them.
- Don’t open any attachments of unknown or spam emails that harms your PC.
- Don’t visit any pornographic websites that harms your PC.
- Never try to update any applications from nonofficial websites on your PC.
- Always do check and update Windows Firewall security program to stay safe from Trojan.Downloader.
- Always try to use and update very powerful and well reputed anti-virus program.
- Don’t try to download any cracked softwares, themes and similar products on PC.
- Always try to keep a regular backup of all your important files and data.
- Always create a system restoration point for security purpose.
Trojan.Downloader can be removed from users computer system by two different modes. Manual and Automatic mode. In Manual mode, it requires high technical skills and excellent knowledge of computer system whereas in automatic mode, it doesn’t require such all these things. Therefore, we recommends to use automatic mode for best results in removing.
Steps to Remove Trojan.Downloader
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Trojan.Downloader
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Trojan.Downloader
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Trojan.Downloader and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Trojan.Downloader
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Trojan.Downloader and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Trojan.Downloader. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Trojan.Downloader related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Trojan.Downloader, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Trojan.Downloader Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Trojan.Downloader Running Processes.
- Right Click on Trojan.Downloader and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Trojan.Downloader Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Trojan.Downloader and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Trojan.Downloader Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Trojan.Downloader, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!
Also Visit For Trojan.Downloader Removal In Other Language
|Supprimer Trojan.Downloader du PC
|Löschen Sie Trojan.Downloader vom PC
|Excluir Trojan.Downloader De PC
|Eliminar Trojan.Downloader desde PC
|Elimina Trojan.Downloader dal PC
|Usuń Trojan.Downloader z komputera