Crucial Facts You Must Know About VAMP
VAMP is another creation of the Two Tailed Scorpion Advanced Persistent Threat hacking group which is mainly originated from Middle East. After the in-depth analysis, some of security analysts speculated that this hacking group is mainly working with the organization of Hamas terrorist. This malware is mainly known for targeting the high ranking of politicians who lived in Palestine and Israel. But it's campaign has been also noticed in Jordan, Egypt and several other countries. VAMP malware is created by it's con artist to target the Android devices with primary goal of Espionage. Yes, it is capable to collect user's all sensitive data including their images, text messages, videos, calendar events, chat logs of social media and many more.
Threat Summary of VAMP
- Name – VAMP
- Type – Trojan, Malware
- Belongs To – Two-Tailed Scorpion APT
- Risk Level – Severe
- Originated From – Middle East
- Related – BianLian malware, MobOk Malware, Android/Ransom.Koler etc.
- Primary Goal – Targets Android users and collects their all sensitive information.
- Deletion – Possible, to delete VAMP from your Android device, you must use an effective anti-virus tool.
Get Familiar With The Infection Vector of VAMP
Since VAMP belongs to Two Tailed Scorpion hacking group, so it also built a dubious application store and host several fraudulent application. This malware uses lots of unfair or illegal tactics to victimized user's machine but mostly it spreads via corrupt or dubious attachment. When you will respond to any unknown message or download a dubious attachment then your devices may easily get victimized by this infection. Besides, it can also infects your device via questionable sites, infected devices, fake software updater, fake anti-virus tool, infected documents, torrent sites, IRC channels and much more.
Actions Done By VAMP on Targeted Device
As soon as VAMP gets inside the victim's machine successfully, it permits attacker to require several permission of device's feature. After getting it's persistence, it disables firewall setting and security measure without user's awareness. It automatically connects victim to Command & Control server of APT and start to record user's audio calls, gather contact details, user's crucial documents, collect user's text messages etc and forwarded them to attackers. Besides this, it is responsible for causing several disastrous issues. So, deletion of VAMP is highly recommended. Some common symptoms of VAMP are :
- System behaves too much slower than usual.
- Occurrences of Blue Screen of Death error.
- Occurrences of several new files at top level of hard drive.
- Deletion of crucial files as well as folders mysteriously.
- Unexpected error messages and warning alerts etc.
Steps to Delete VAMP
Step: 1 Restart your Windows PC in Safe Mode
Find the complete details on how to Reboot your PC in Safe Mode (if you are a novice, follow the above given instructions on how to boot up your PC in Safe mode irrespective of the Windows Version that is being used as Windows XP, 7, Win 8, 8.1 and Windows 10)
Step:2 Remove VAMP from Task Manager
Press CTRL+ALT+DEL simulataneously to open Task manager. Find VAMP Related processes or any other suspicious processes that are running on it. Now Select and delete VAMP virus from Task Manager at once.
Step:3 How to Delete VAMP Related Startup Items
Press Win + R together and Type “msconfig”.
Now press Enter Key or Select OK.
“Startup” option is to be selected on the Pop-up Window Tab
Now Search for VAMP Related applications on Startup Items
Now Uncheck all Unknown or Suspicious items from “System Configuration” related to VAMP
Now Click and Select Restart to Start your Computer in Normal Mode
Step: 4 How to Delete VAMP from Windows Registry
- Press Win + R in combination to Open Run Box, Type regedit on the search box and press enter.
- This will Open the registry entries.
- Find VAMP related entries from the list and carefully delete it. However be careful and do not delete any other entries as this could severely damage the Windows Component.
Also, after completing the above steps, it is important to search for any folders and files that has been created by VAMP and if found must be deleted.
Step 5 How to View Hidden Files and Folders Created by VAMP
- Click on the Start Menu
- Go to Control Panel, and Search for folder Options
- Click on view hidden files and folders Options, For your convenience, we have included complete process on how to unhide files on all Windows Version. This will delete all the files and folders associated with VAMP that was existing on your compromised system.
Still, if you are unable to get rid of VAMP using manual steps, you need to scan your PC to detect VAMP.
Don’t forget to submit your questions or any other queries if you have and get complete solution from our Expert’s Panel. Good Luck!