|Warning, many anti-virus scanner have detected CovidLock Ransomware as threat to your computer|
|CovidLock Ransomware is flagged by these Anti Virus Scanner|
|Anti Virus Software||Version||Detection|
|Ad-Aware||3.125527||Variant of Win64/Trojan.CovidLock Ransomware.A|
|securolytics||4.4.117||XP Antivirus Protection, Conducent|
|Suggestion: Uninstall CovidLock Ransomware Completely – Free Download|
CovidLock Ransomware may have entered your pc through these software. If you have not installed them , then get rid of them Tipard iPad Converter Suite , GeburtstagsChecker 1.7.2 , Objektiv 0.5.1 , Java Embedding Plugin 0.9.7.5 , MultiScreener 0.95 , Miss Teri Tale 2 1.0.1 , Fast Mail CM 2.0f2 , iAlarm , AlarmGame 1.0 , imessage2Skype 1.0 , Hiqup 1.1 , 3D Maker 3.7.3 , Wraparound 2.0b2 , 4d Snake 1.0 , JpegJet 2.0.2 , Plasma Tunnel Saver 1.4.1 , CokeSoft Batch Image Resizer Pro , Archer 2.3.3
All Crucial Facts Of CovidLock Ransomware That You Must Know
CovidLock Ransomware is another most vicious, dangerous and harmful System infection belongs to the Ransomware family. Being equipped with strong AES and RSA file encryption algorithm it performs powerful encryption to make targeted objects inaccessible and asks victims to pay ransom demanded fee. It is crafted by the team of cyber hackers in such a way that it can compromise PC executing on Windows based Operating System such as Windows Vista, Server, XP, NT, Me, 7, 8/8.1 and the most recent version Windows 10.
Primary Objective Of CovidLock Ransomware
The primary goal of developers of CovidLock Ransomware is to trick more and more System users and earn money from them. For this, it applies AES cipher to lock users files and then uses strong RSA cipher algorithm to obfuscate the file decryption key. The con artist or developer of this ransomware often offers a decryptor and the file decryption key to compromise the System users and deliver the unique file decryption key.
No Need To Trust On Ransom Note Of CovidLock Ransomware
Judged on the ransom note of CovidLock Ransomware, most of the System users think that file decryption is possible by purchasing the file decryptor key. If you are also one of them then you are absolutely wrong because there is zero guarantee that you will get the decryption key even paying large sum of ransom fee. Paying ransom fee will only encourage hackers to promote their evil or wrong intention. Instead of paying ransom demanded fee or making contact with cyber criminals, team of security analysts have advised victims to get rid of CovidLock Ransomware instantly from their compromised or affected machine.
Remove CovidLock Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove CovidLock Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove CovidLock Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To CovidLock Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find CovidLock Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove CovidLock Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove CovidLock Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the CovidLock Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the CovidLock Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.