|Warning, many anti-virus scanner have detected GUARDED-README.txt VIrus as threat to your computer|
|GUARDED-README.txt VIrus is flagged by these Anti Virus Scanner|
|Anti Virus Software||Version||Detection|
|eGambit||2.125143||Variant of Win64/Trojan.GUARDED-README.txt VIrus.A|
|Yandex Safebrowsing||5.6.632||NetBrowserPro, Remote Password Stealer|
|Suggestion: Uninstall GUARDED-README.txt VIrus Completely – Free Download|
GUARDED-README.txt VIrus may have entered your pc through these software. If you have not installed them , then get rid of them FTP Disk , Blake and Mortimer: The Curse Of The Thirty Denarii 2.006 , Memory Cleaner 4.0 , Orac 1.0.1 , DiceBaby 2.0 , Codebug 1.0.3 , Aiseesoft iPod to Transfer , HexEdit 2.2 , Helium 1.0 , GoodbyeHello 1.0.5
Facts Worth Knowing About GUARDED-README.txt VIrus Virus
GUARDED-README.txt VIrus is a precarious cyber infection which is known to alter the Windows registry entries right after its successful invasion on the system. Once installed, the malware encrypts the valuable data stored on infected machines and appends a file extension to them. By adding this weird extension to important system files, the ransomware makes the encoded files completely inaccessible for the victimized users. In order to make the files unusable, GUARDED-README.txt VIrus threat uses RSA encryption algorithm and targets the popular files like video, documents, text, audio, images, spreadsheets, presentations and similar data.
How To Identify GUARDED-README.txt VIrus Attack On Your System?
After that, the GUARDED-README.txt VIrus displays a ransom note which informs the computer users about this vicious attack and the encryption of their important PC files as well. Cyber extortionists responsible for this vicious attack suggest compromised system users contact them by using the email address to follow the instructions and gain access to their important computer files. The hackers behind GUARDED-README.txt VIrus virus demand few dollars from the victims of this malware in the form of Bitcoin to provide a decryptor for enciphered data.
Technically speaking, each time when the file-encrypting virus infiltrates the targeted Windows systems, the threat uses different encryption algorithm to encipher the specific file types for getting ransom money from the affected users. Although, the decryption utility mainly stored on the Command and Control server of GUARDED-README.txt VIrus controlled by hackers which makes it completely difficult for the victimized users to decode their files and use them without paying ransom fee to them.
Is It Worth Paying Ransom Fee To GUARDED-README.txt VIrus Developers?
In case, if you extremely need access to your computer files, never try to pay asked ransom money to the operators of GUARDED-README.txt VIrus infection. This is because, paying ransom fee can cause bigger trouble for you. According to the cyber security analysts at RMV, threat actors mainly try to mislead system users into paying asked ransom money and right after getting the ransom payment, the cyber criminals leave the victimized users without providing them a right decryption tool.
Best Way To Deal With GUARDED-README.txt VIrus Infection
As a result, you may encounter both data and money loss because catching these thieves are almost impossible because the ransom payments are made in cryptocurrency that makes them anonymous to the malware analysts. Therefore, it is quite important for you to avoid paying asked ransom fee and take immediate action to remove GUARDED-README.txt VIrus from the system using a powerful anti-malware tool and try to restore the precious files with the help of backup copies or employing a reputable data recovery software.
Remove GUARDED-README.txt VIrus From Your PC
Step 1: Remove GUARDED-README.txt VIrus in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove GUARDED-README.txt VIrus using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To GUARDED-README.txt VIrus
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find GUARDED-README.txt VIrus related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove GUARDED-README.txt VIrus Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove GUARDED-README.txt VIrus related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the GUARDED-README.txt VIrus virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the GUARDED-README.txt VIrus infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.