|Warning, many anti-virus scanner have detected [email protected] File Virus as threat to your computer|
|[email protected] File Virus is flagged by these Anti Virus Scanner|
|Anti Virus Software||Version||Detection|
|Cyren||8.3.445213||[email protected] File Virus.CB|
|Bkav||5.412549||Variant of Win32/[email protected] File Virus.C|
|Suggestion: Uninstall [email protected] File Virus Completely – Free Download|
[email protected] File Virus may have entered your pc through these software. If you have not installed them , then get rid of them 360Works FTPeek 1.632 , G2 – Geeks Unleashed 1.0 , Zippersnapper 1.3 , Baby Tracker 1.1 , Bejeweled Deluxe 1.73 , WarBirds III Updater 02.04.03 , KeyStrokes 2.2.2 , Bros iPod Converter , Ephnic Movie Maker , Polymatic 1.1 , AccuPix 1.5.2 beta , TechTool Pro v6.0.5 , RAGE HD 1.01 , ACP Web Services 220.127.116.11 , Evernote Account Switcher 2.5 , POP Theme 1.0.3 , Zoltar 1.0
In-Depth Analysis Report On [email protected] File Virus
[email protected] File Virus is a newly discovered ransomware that capable to target almost all System executing on Windows Operating System such as Windows XP, Me, NT, Server, Vista, 7, 8 and the most recent version Windows 10. According to the researchers, it is in development phase and it is too much similar to another ransomware from the same family. The depth analysis report of researchers revealed that it mainly aimed to target the domestic users but it doesn’t mean that it cannot affect other System users.
Actions Performed By [email protected] File Virus On Affected PC
Similar to traditional ransomware, [email protected] File Virus also takes hostage of users files. This ransomware is capable to target almost all user’s files and users generated content such as audio or video files, images, documents, databases, PDFs, Excels and many more. It doesn’t have the working file encryption engine but researchers revealed that it adds file extension to the end of the file names. Upon performing the successful file encryption procedure, it renames the original file name and then after produce a program window named acts as both decryptor and ransom note.
Know What Ransom Note Of [email protected] File Virus Says
The ransom note includes information about the [email protected] File Virus attack, it’s encryption procedure and appropriate solution through which you can easily decrypt your files. In the ransom note, hackers often instruct victims to pay few crypto-coins to its developers in less than few hours otherwise data will be deleted forever. After getting such a scary message most of the System users easily decided to pay ransom fee but according to the security analyst, it is not a wise decision at all because there is zero guarantee that you will get the unique decryption key even paying the large sum of ransom fee.
A: How To Remove [email protected] File Virus From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill [email protected] File Virus Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the [email protected] File Virus related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall [email protected] File Virus From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all [email protected] File Virus related items from list.
B: How to Restore [email protected] File Virus Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing [email protected] File Virus from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing [email protected] File Virus from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by [email protected] File Virus with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.