|Displayed publisher: PotPlayer|
|Installation folder: C:\Program Files\PotPlayer|
|Program executable: PotPlayer.exe|
|Path: C:\Program Files\PotPlayer\PotPlayer.exe|
|Addition Files (Malware Detected)|
|(Malware detected) PotPlayer.dll|
|Adware.Win64.PotPlayer.AB by Malwarebytes|
|Variant of Win32/AdWare.PotPlayer.C by ZCloudsec|
|SrchUpdt by Bkav|
|Remove PotPlayer Now !|
PotPlayer may have entered your pc through these software. If you have not installed them , then get rid of them Announce 1.2.3 , InvestorRT 11.3.12 , Diet Sleuth 6.0.0 , FileCarver 1.6.0 , displayutil 0.03 , iOrgsoft PDF to Html Converter , NGrid 1.0 , RoadMap 1.0 , Transito 1.1 , Langenscheidt Professional-Dictionary Spanish 7.7 , TIN , MacASP 1.2 , mooDex 3.6.1
A Short Explanation Of PotPlayer
PotPlayer is an adware program which is presented as an useful program. This adware program claim to provide useful features at free of cost. But its claims are false and instead of providing any feature it arise only issues.
PotPlayer is not dangerous like a virus or malware but it doesn’t mean that it is a safe program. Presence of this adware program will ruin your browsing experience by creating annoying problems. If you also notice it in your system then don’t hestitate to remove it.
How Does PotPlayer Spread Advertisements
PotPlayer spreads the advertisements by installing on default browser like Google, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer and Safari. These advertisements display by the layer on the websites that is added by this adware programs. It helps to identify the user’s activities on the site. It display the pop-up ads based on the website content.
When user download an install software from unknown link, it might possible that this PotPlayer penetrate into your computer. It is also possible that when you will share your file from an unsafe network, you will get this adware program into your machine. The other methods are also responsible for the penetration of this program like share, and drive by downloads.
What Are The Purpose To Spread This PotPlayer Into Your Machine?
The main target of this program is to create vulnerability into your machine. One of the major factor is that the hackers want to make online profit and they get the way to monitor your all activities online through this adware. Cyber criminals collect important information from your computer and they make revenue from that. The potentially unwanted program is very irritating as it provide lots of advertisements continuously so that you will be pressurize to click on the link. This phenomenon is use only for getting the Pay Per Click Commission.
Some Common Behaviors Of PotPlayer
- PotPlayer slowdown the system and make it sluggish to respond.
- Blue screen of death (BSOD) takes place.
- Program will open and close automatically.
- The storage space start to fill-up with suspicious files.
- The warning signs will start to display.
- The unknown toolbar, website and unwanted program will added to your browser.
How Will You Keep Your Computer Safe From PotPlayer?
- Use secure network.
- Install antivirus
- Keep the antivirus up to date
- Run regular schedule scan
- You should keep the OS up to date
- Think when you are going to click on the unknown link.
- You should keep the personal information in secure mode.
- You should not use open Wi-Fi.
- You should create back of all file.
- Use the strong and multiple password.
Step:1 Remove PotPlayer or any Suspicious Program from Control Panel resulting in Pop-ups
- Click on Start and in Menu, Select Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, Search for PotPlayer or any suspicious program
- Once found, Click to Uninstall PotPlayer or related program from list of Programs
- However, if you are not sure do not Uninstall it as this will remove it permanently from the system.
Step:2 How to Reset Google Chrome to Remove PotPlayer
- Open Google Chrome browser on your PC
- On the top right corner of the browser you will see 3 stripes option, click on it.
- After that click on Settings from the list of menus available on chrome’s panel.
- At the end of the page, a button is available with option to “Reset settings”.
- Click on the button and get rid of PotPlayer from your Google Chrome.
How to Reset Mozilla Firefox to Uninstall PotPlayer
- Open Mozilla Firefox web browser and click on the options icon with 3 stripes sign and also click on help option with (?) mark.
- Now click on “Troubleshooting Information” from the given list.
- Within the upper right corner of the next window you can find “Refresh Firefox” button, click on it.
- To reset your Mozilla Firefox browser simply click on “Refresh Firefox” button again, after which all unwanted changes made by PotPlayer will be removed automatically.
Steps to Reset Internet Explorer to Get Rid of PotPlayer
- You need to close all Internet Explorer windows which are currently working or open.
- Now open Internet Explorer again and click on Tools button, with wrench icon.
- Go to the menu and click on Internet Options.
- A dialogue box will appear, then click on Advanced tab on it.
- Saying Reset Internet Explorer Settings, click on Reset again.
- When IE applied the default settings then, click on Close. And then click OK.
Restart the PC is a must for taking effect on all the changes you have made.
Step:3 How to Protect your PC from PotPlayer in Near Future
Steps to Turn On Safe Browsing Features
Internet Explorer: Activate SmartScreen Filter against PotPlayer
- This can be done on IE Versions 8 and 9. It mailnly helps in detecting PotPlayer while browsing
- Launch IE
- Choose Tools in IE 9. If you are using IE 8, Find Safety option in Menu
- Now Select SmartScreen Filter and opt for Turn on SmartScreen Filter
- Once done, Restart IE
How to Enable Phishing and PotPlayer Protection on Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome browser
- Select Customize and Control Google Chrome (3-Bar Icon)
- Now Choose Settings from the option
- In the Settings Option, Click on Show advanced Settings which can be found at the bottom of the Setup
- Select Privacy Section and click on Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
- Now Restart Chrome, this will keep your browser safe from PotPlayer
How to Block PotPlayer Attack and Web Forgeries
- Click to Load Mozilla Firefox
- Press on Tools on Top Menu and Select options
- Choose Security and enable check mark on following
- warn me when some site installs add-ons
- Block reported Web forgeries
- Block reported attack Sites
If still PotPlayer exists on your system, Scan your PC to detect and Get Rid of it
Kindly submit your question, incase if you wish to know more about PotPlayer Removal