|Warning, many anti-virus scanner have detected SantaG[email protected] SNTG ransomware as threat to your computer|
|[email protected] SNTG ransomware is flagged by these Anti Virus Scanner|
|Anti Virus Software||Version||Detection|
|McAfee-GW-Edition||6.4.125224||[email protected] SNTG ransomware.BC|
|Avast||5.111414||Variant of Win64/[email protected] SNTG ransomware.A|
|Suggestion: Uninstall [email protected] SNTG ransomware Completely – Free Download|
[email protected] SNTG ransomware may have entered your pc through these software. If you have not installed them , then get rid of them Ravensword: The Fallen King 1.322 , Power20 4.9.5 , BearboatPrintMacPC 220.127.116.11.0 , Analytic Rarefaction 2.0 , Acquisition Italian Pack 132.7 , CargoLifter 1.2.1 , ForeverStarsGL 1.0 , Keys 2.1.6 , Car Art Calendar 18.104.22.1686 , EasySIMBL , Absinthe for iOS 5.1.1 , 2finder 2finder_1.3 , Cache Killer Pro II 2.0 , Phlo
Detailed Threat Analysis Of [email protected] SNTG ransomware
[email protected] SNTG ransomware is a recently reported malware that has file encrypting capabilities and hence has been classified as a ransomware. The ransomware was reported by cyber security researchers and has been identified to be using open source codes to target users and encrypt several kinds of files using strong and secure encryption algorithms. The main motive behind such attack is to make the files available with the users as unrecognizable by the existing operating system. Since the files get encrypted and their extension changes the files cannot be used by the users as before. The ransomware then leaves a ransom note behind that is to serve instructions to the users and inform them about the attack. [email protected] SNTG ransomware leaves the instruction in a text file that gives the contact details as it doesn’t specify the ransom amount. Users are assumed to be left with no other choice but to contact and pay ransom. However such affected users should know that black-hat hackers are not known to hold to their promise and the contact can be used as an opportunity to harm the system by sending malware hidden as a decryption key. Cyber-criminals are known to simply ignore affected users once they have obtained a ransom amount. Therefore it would be wise not to contact these threat actors under any circumstance.
[email protected] SNTG ransomware has been observed to be using deceiving methods to spread itself. It can be installed within the system from software bundles that are typically obtained from sites hosting freeware. These bundles generally carry infected payload hidden within legitimate file formats and hence can not be easily detected by users while installing them. Users may also obtain spam messages that carry the ransomware payload which are embedded as macros within the documents that are attached within these spam mails. These messages are crafted with urgent and alarming subject lines meant to catch users attention. The text carries names of reputed firms and brands that make them appear as legitimate. Hence users can unknowingly install [email protected] SNTG ransomware by enabling the infectious scripts while reading such documents.
[email protected] SNTG ransomware immediately drops its payload within several of system’s directories and makes modifications within the registry sub-keys. It encrypts the files with AES and RSA algorithms and adds an extension to the files. The ransom note can be found within the system, which asks users to contact at emails mentioned in the note. However, users can remove the [email protected] SNTG ransomware by following these steps.
Remove [email protected] SNTG ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove [email protected] SNTG ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove [email protected] SNTG ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To [email protected] SNTG ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find [email protected] SNTG ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove [email protected] SNTG ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove [email protected] SNTG ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the [email protected] SNTG ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the [email protected] SNTG ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.