www-search.net may have entered your pc through these software. If you have not installed them , then get rid of them Hide & Secret: Treasures of the Ages 1.0 , Clipper 1.0 , Most Wanted 1.51 , Ulysses III 1.2.0 , BitNami JasperServer Stack 4.5.0-0 , Duplicate Remover and Merger Pro 1.52 , Hidden Suite , Pinball HD 2.1 , CSV2QBO 2.2 , Ranges Plug-in 1.0 , Typing Fingers LT , eMaps 3.4.3 , Mindful Browsing , Battle.net Mobile Authenticator 1.0 , TimeFlow 2.0 , Lemonade Tycoon 7.0.42 , Atlantic Quest 1.1.2
|Displayed publisher: www-search.net|
|Installation folder: C:\Program Files\www-search.net|
|Program executable: www-search.net.exe|
|Path: C:\Program Files\www-search.net\www-search.net.exe|
|Addition Files (Malware Detected)|
|(Malware detected) www-search.net.dll|
|Trojan.Win32.www-search.net.CA by ESET-NOD32|
|Variant of Win64/Trojan.www-search.net.C by Spam404|
|Asafepc.com by Bkav|
|Uninstall www-search.net Now!|
Technical Info About www-search.net
When you find that your web browser default settings are imposed by an unauthorized changes and settings and your web page redirects you to www-search.net the do not freak out, this post will help you in removing the malware completely from targeted system. Read the instructions given below to know more about effective virus removal schemes and perform the required steps carefully.
Being judged on the basis of its first appearance and interface, www-search.net appears to be useful and helpful domain. Later, you will find that it is a browser hijacker that has hit your machine without your consent. According malware scan reports, it is found as browser hijacker with malicious scripts and codes that are developed to cause users to visit this domain each time they launch their browsers. This threat has the ability to endanger the functionality of the targeted browser and destroy web surfing experience. The main objective of this nasty browser hijacker is to redirect web traffic to sponsored websites and to earn commissions for its creators. In order to do so, it redirects user's web page to phishing websites many times. This unwanted domain possesses several issues to your computer. It hijacks all the installed internet browsers and reset preferred search settings.
Though it looks legitimate and helpful, you should not trust it any way. It is designed and developed by criminals to perform various malicious functions without your approval. Like, registry entries are changed. DNS configuration settings are changed. Default settings including search engine and home page of the browser are changed. Proxy settings of the compromised PC is also changed. Further, it disables installed security programs on the system. It advertises many ads to promote products of third party and ask you to click on it. It often asks you to install various extensions on your system as well.
Being a dubious web portal, you will face constant browser redirects and extreme display of online advertisements. Whenever you turn on your browser, you will see www-search.net as the starting page and asks you to use it to surf the internet. It invades your system in most deceptive way such that you do not get notice of its arrival onto your system. One of the most common method used to spread is free download and spam email. Due to its suspicious function and invasive trait, you are strongly recommended to uninstall www-search.net.
Manual Steps to Remove www-search.net From Your Hijacked Browser
Simple Steps To Remove Infection From Your Browser
For Internet Explorer :
1. Launch Internet explorer and click on the Gear icon then to Manage Add-ons.
2. Now click on Search Provider tab followed by Find more search providers…
3. Now look for your preferred search engine provider for instance Google Search engine.
4. Further you need to click on Add to Internet Explorer option appeared on the page. After then tick out the Make this my default search engine provider appeared on the Add Search Provider window and then click on Add button.
5. Restart Internet explorer to apply the new changes.
For Mozilla :
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox and go for the Settings icon (☰) followed by Options from the drop down menu.
2. Now you have to tap on Search tab there. And, under Default Search Engine you can choose your desirable search engine provider from the drop down menu and remove www-search.net related search providers.
3. If you want to add another search option into Mozilla Firefox then you can do it by going through Add more search engines… option. It will take you to the Firefox official Add-ons page from where you can choose and install search engine add-ons from their.
4. Once installed you can go back to Search tab and choose your favorite search provider as a default.
For Chrome :
1. Open Chrome and tap on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings.
2. Now under Search option you can choose desirable Search engine providers from drop down menu.
3. If you want to use another search engine option then you can click on Manage search engines… which opens current list of search engines and other as well. To choose you have to take your cursor on it and then select Make default button appears there followed by Done to close the window.
For Google Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings option from the drop down menu.
2. Now tap Reset settings button.
3. Finally select Reset button again on the dialog box appeared for confirmation.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Settings icon (☰) and then to Open Help Menu option followed by Troubleshooting Information from drop down menu.
2. Now Click on Reset Firefox… on the upper right corner of about:support page and again to Reset Firefox button to confirm the resetting of Mozilla Firefox to delete www-search.net completely.
Reset Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Internet options.
2. Now tap Advanced tab followed by Reset button. Then tick out the Delete personal settings option on the appeared dialog box and further press Reset button to clean www-search.net related data completely.
3. Once Reset completed click on Close button and restart Internet explorer to apply the changes.
Reset Safari :
1. Click on Edit followed by Reset Safari… from the drop down menu on Safari.
2. Now ensure that all of the options are ticked out in the appeared dialog box and click on Reset button.
1. Click on Start menu followed by Control Panel. Then click on Uninstall a program below Programs option.
2. Further find and Uninstall www-search.net and any other unwanted programs from the Control panel.
Remove Unwanted Toolbars and Extensions Related With www-search.net
For Chrome :
1. Tap on Menu (☰) button, hover on tools and then tap on Extension option.
2. Now click on Trash icon next to the www-search.net related suspicious extensions to remove it.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Add-ons.
2. Now select the Extensions or Appearance tab in Add-ons Manager window. Then click on Disable button to remove www-search.net related extensions.
For Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Manage add-ons.
2. Further tap on Toolbars and Extensions panel and then Disable button to remove www-search.net related extensions.
From Safari :
1. Click on Gear Settings icon followed by Preferences…
2. Now tap on Extensions panel and then click on Uninstall button to remove www-search.net related extensions.
From Opera :
1. Click on Opera icon then hover to Extensions and click Extensions manager.
2. Now click on X button next to unwanted extensions to remove it.
Chrome : Click on Menu (☰) → Settings → Show advanced Settings → Clear browsing data.
Firefox : Tap on Settings (☰) →History →Clear Reset History → check Cookies → Clear Now.
Internet Explorer : Click on Tools → Internet options → General tab → Check Cookies and Website data → Delete.
Safari : Click on Settings Gear icon →Preferences → Privacy tab → Remove All Website Data…→ Remove Now button.
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Settings.
2. Tap on Show advanced settings.
- Phishing and malware protection : It is enables by default in privacy section. Warns users if detected any suspicious site having phishing or malware threats.
- SSL certificates and settings : Tap on Manage certificates under HTTPS/SSL section to manage SSL certificates and settings.
3. Now tap close button when done.
If you are still having issues in the removal of www-search.net from your compromised system then you can feel free to talk to our experts.