I downloaded something from the Internet and it installed DNS Unblocker on my system. I can't even access some of the legit sites because it pops up everywhere and every time when I do anything online. I have used CC cleaner and cleaned the whole system but this threat again appears on my system. How can I remove it from my PC..??
About DNS Unblocker
DNS Unblocker is classified as an adware program that is installed on your system as an extension to the web browser. After penetration on your computer, it begins to spread promotional products of partner companies. It displays banners, coupons, pop-ups and links to ad sites. Advertisements can appear at any time during browsing. This adware program may dress itself as a normal extension or add-on while actually it can cause the big chaos in your system web browser. It can get into your computer out of your awareness at the time of freeware and bundled software installation. This threat can also spread few unwanted programs to your system. It trigger a plenty of commercial ads for the purpose of interfering with your online activities. It will display all different kind of advertisements in your web browser. Once you clicked on these advertisements, it may result in further infections in your system. Many ads are often based on keywords found in the content of the website your were visiting. Although, this adware threat is a potentially unwanted program, so you need to delete DNS Unblocker immediately from your PC.
Weird Properties by DNS Unblocker
1. You will be not be able to browse web normally.
2. System will behave bizarrely that you have not seen before.
3. Your computer will not work as it should have
4. This infection may freeze your PC constantly and some other applications will perform slowly.
5. Due to DNS Unblocker, you may get lots of adverts while looking something on your system web browser.
6. Folders and system background setting files are terminated.
This potentially unwanted program is created to generate pay-per-click revenue for its developer. Hence, you should eliminate DNS Unblocker adware, if you want to avoid unnecessary problems and protect well your system.
Step:1 Remove DNS Unblocker or any Suspicious Program from Control Panel resulting in Pop-ups
- Click on Start and in Menu, Select Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, Search for DNS Unblocker or any suspicious program
- Once found, Click to Uninstall DNS Unblocker or related program from list of Programs
- However, if you are not sure do not Uninstall it as this will remove it permanently from the system.
Step:2 How to Reset Google Chrome to Remove DNS Unblocker
- Open Google Chrome browser on your PC
- On the top right corner of the browser you will see 3 stripes option, click on it.
- After that click on Settings from the list of menus available on chrome’s panel.
- At the end of the page, a button is available with option to “Reset settings”.
- Click on the button and get rid of DNS Unblocker from your Google Chrome.
How to Reset Mozilla Firefox to Uninstall DNS Unblocker
- Open Mozilla Firefox web browser and click on the options icon with 3 stripes sign and also click on help option with (?) mark.
- Now click on “Troubleshooting Information” from the given list.
- Within the upper right corner of the next window you can find “Refresh Firefox” button, click on it.
- To reset your Mozilla Firefox browser simply click on “Refresh Firefox” button again, after which all unwanted changes made by DNS Unblocker will be removed automatically.
Steps to Reset Internet Explorer to Get Rid of DNS Unblocker
- You need to close all Internet Explorer windows which are currently working or open.
- Now open Internet Explorer again and click on Tools button, with wrench icon.
- Go to the menu and click on Internet Options.
- A dialogue box will appear, then click on Advanced tab on it.
- Saying Reset Internet Explorer Settings, click on Reset again.
- When IE applied the default settings then, click on Close. And then click OK.
Restart the PC is a must for taking effect on all the changes you have made.
Step:3 How to Protect your PC from DNS Unblocker in Near Future
Steps to Turn On Safe Browsing Features
Internet Explorer: Activate SmartScreen Filter against DNS Unblocker
- This can be done on IE Versions 8 and 9. It mailnly helps in detecting DNS Unblocker while browsing
- Launch IE
- Choose Tools in IE 9. If you are using IE 8, Find Safety option in Menu
- Now Select SmartScreen Filter and opt for Turn on SmartScreen Filter
- Once done, Restart IE
How to Enable Phishing and DNS Unblocker Protection on Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome browser
- Select Customize and Control Google Chrome (3-Bar Icon)
- Now Choose Settings from the option
- In the Settings Option, Click on Show advanced Settings which can be found at the bottom of the Setup
- Select Privacy Section and click on Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
- Now Restart Chrome, this will keep your browser safe from DNS Unblocker
How to Block DNS Unblocker Attack and Web Forgeries
- Click to Load Mozilla Firefox
- Press on Tools on Top Menu and Select options
- Choose Security and enable check mark on following
- warn me when some site installs add-ons
- Block reported Web forgeries
- Block reported attack Sites
If still DNS Unblocker exists on your system, Scan your PC to detect and Get Rid of it
Kindly submit your question, incase if you wish to know more about DNS Unblocker Removal