|Warning, many anti-virus scanner have detected LeakerLocker Ransomware as threat to your computer|
|LeakerLocker Ransomware is flagged by these Anti Virus Scanner|
|Anti Virus Software||Version||Detection|
|AutoShun||6.832421||Variant of Win32/Trojan.LeakerLocker Ransomware.C|
|securolytics||3.5.227||ProtectingTool, Adssite ToolBar|
|Suggestion: Uninstall LeakerLocker Ransomware Completely – Free Download|
LeakerLocker Ransomware may have entered your pc through these software. If you have not installed them , then get rid of them Deep 1.5.2 , Undead Tidings 3.5.6f4 , Dash Shopper 1.0 , Jotter 1.4.1 , RMN 1.02 , World Wide Web Weaver (68k) 3.0.2 , BatchPhoto 4.0.1 , VirtualHostX 5.0.6 , SABnzbdGUI 1.0b2 , Webby 1.1 , PFAssistive Framework 3.3.1 , Secrets of the Dark: Mystery of the Ancestral Estate 1.0
What Do You Know About LeakerLocker Ransomware?
LeakerLocker Ransomware is a newly created ransomware but it has infected wide range of Windows PC. This type of ransomware is capable to infect System executing on Windows OS including Windows Server, Vista, XP, ME, NT, 7, 8/8.1 and the recent version Windows 10. according to the researchers, it is mainly capable to target domestic users but it doesn’t mean that it cannot affect another users. Being a ransomware, it aims to lock users stored files and then after asks victims to pay ransom demanded fee.
How LeakerLocker Ransomware Is Dangerous For PC?
LeakerLocker Ransomware is mainly known for locking users files. It applies strong AES-256 algorithm to target users stored files such as images, audio files, databases, documents, PDFs and many more. This ransomware renames the original file by adding encrypted prefix. After locking files completely, it demanded the affected System users for paying crypto-coins in order to get the LeakerLocker Ransomware decryption tool. The creators of such a ransomware asks victims to transfer the payment to a specified electronic payment platform.
What Do You Know About The Ransom Note Of LeakerLocker Ransomware?
Ransom note includes information about the encryption procedure or attack of LeakerLocker Ransomware. Ransom messages also asked affected users to pay crypto-coins otherwise their data will be deleted after few minutes. However the affected System users should not fall for these deceptive claims because like other ransomware it is also designed to generate the illegal profits. Instead of paying ransom fee and contacting with hackers, users must take an immediate action regarding the deletion of LeakerLocker Ransomware.
How Windows PC Get Contaminated With LeakerLocker Ransomware?
LeakerLocker Ransomware is one of the most notorious ransomware infection that uses several deceptive techniques and social engineering tactics to infect System but mainly uses spam email attachment to compromise Windows PC. To spread such a cyber threats, hackers often uses infected emails. This type of System infection usually comes as a suspicious attachment which seems as an innocent documents. Those system users who open such an attachment may victimized by LeakerLocker Ransomware. Therefore, System users are highly advised to be cautious while opening any dubious or suspicious attachment. Users should never open any attachment that appears to inbox from untrusted sources or unverified persons.
Remove LeakerLocker Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove LeakerLocker Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove LeakerLocker Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To LeakerLocker Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find LeakerLocker Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove LeakerLocker Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove LeakerLocker Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the LeakerLocker Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the LeakerLocker Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.