Threat Analysis For: Smart PC Care
|Name||Smart PC Care|
|Category||Potentially Unwanted Program|
|Distribution||Official Site, Software bundles, Spam messages|
|Affiliate||PCVARK Software Pvt. Ltd.|
|Symptoms||Automatic PC scan, Fake alarms and messages|
|Detection||Free Download Smart PC Care Scanner|
Smart PC Care is an application that can be be dangerous for the system and hence has been categorized as a PUP. The program is presented as 'one stop solution for all problems' for the system but can be used to deceive users into believing that their system is at risk. The program is promoted using extensions and add-ons on the browser and while visiting sites that support such ads. It has been observed that the program spreads itself using software bundles that typically promote such programs as freeware. These programs then can be easily installed along with other programs within the same bundle. Smart PC Care can be directly obtained from its official site at 'www.smartpccare.com'. The program immediately runs a complete scan of the operating system and displays messages regarding the risks that have been detected by it during these process. These risks are typically associated with temporary Internet files, cleaning of recycle bin and removal of old keys in system registry. It may even suggest that users who have the premium version of the software can avail the benefits of anti-virus applications as well. The program is offered as a freeware and the trial period ends after 30 days of its installation. Smart PC Care soon starts generating messages that users should upgrade the software for better protection of their system. The licensed version costs around 50 USD. Though it has been found out that its affiliate, PCVARK Software Pvt. Ltd. has been behind several such system optimizers such as AutoClean Pro 2018 and Smart PC Tweaker. The purpose behind such programs is to generate fake system alarms and make users buy the licensed version.
Smart PC Care works by intimidating users and generating alarming messages that the system might be at risk. However this is not true as the messages displayed by it can not be used to harm the system. It has been found that the registry cleaners do not serve any useful purpose as the system's performances are not affected due to them. It has also been brought to notice that registry modifiers may cause further harm as they change the entries. Smart PC Care may be detected as malware by certain anti-virus applications which further brings to notice that the program can be used to harm users. It can obtain crucial information regarding the system and identify weak spots to carryout a specific attack. Hence affected users can uninstall the PUP by following this guide.
Step:1 Remove Smart PC Care or any Suspicious Program from Control Panel resulting in Pop-ups
- Click on Start and in Menu, Select Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, Search for Smart PC Care or any suspicious program
- Once found, Click to Uninstall Smart PC Care or related program from list of Programs
- However, if you are not sure do not Uninstall it as this will remove it permanently from the system.
Step:2 How to Reset Google Chrome to Remove Smart PC Care
- Open Google Chrome browser on your PC
- On the top right corner of the browser you will see 3 stripes option, click on it.
- After that click on Settings from the list of menus available on chrome’s panel.
- At the end of the page, a button is available with option to “Reset settings”.
- Click on the button and get rid of Smart PC Care from your Google Chrome.
How to Reset Mozilla Firefox to Uninstall Smart PC Care
- Open Mozilla Firefox web browser and click on the options icon with 3 stripes sign and also click on help option with (?) mark.
- Now click on “Troubleshooting Information” from the given list.
- Within the upper right corner of the next window you can find “Refresh Firefox” button, click on it.
- To reset your Mozilla Firefox browser simply click on “Refresh Firefox” button again, after which all unwanted changes made by Smart PC Care will be removed automatically.
Steps to Reset Internet Explorer to Get Rid of Smart PC Care
- You need to close all Internet Explorer windows which are currently working or open.
- Now open Internet Explorer again and click on Tools button, with wrench icon.
- Go to the menu and click on Internet Options.
- A dialogue box will appear, then click on Advanced tab on it.
- Saying Reset Internet Explorer Settings, click on Reset again.
- When IE applied the default settings then, click on Close. And then click OK.
Restart the PC is a must for taking effect on all the changes you have made.
Step:3 How to Protect your PC from Smart PC Care in Near Future
Steps to Turn On Safe Browsing Features
Internet Explorer: Activate SmartScreen Filter against Smart PC Care
- This can be done on IE Versions 8 and 9. It mailnly helps in detecting Smart PC Care while browsing
- Launch IE
- Choose Tools in IE 9. If you are using IE 8, Find Safety option in Menu
- Now Select SmartScreen Filter and opt for Turn on SmartScreen Filter
- Once done, Restart IE
How to Enable Phishing and Smart PC Care Protection on Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome browser
- Select Customize and Control Google Chrome (3-Bar Icon)
- Now Choose Settings from the option
- In the Settings Option, Click on Show advanced Settings which can be found at the bottom of the Setup
- Select Privacy Section and click on Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
- Now Restart Chrome, this will keep your browser safe from Smart PC Care
How to Block Smart PC Care Attack and Web Forgeries
- Click to Load Mozilla Firefox
- Press on Tools on Top Menu and Select options
- Choose Security and enable check mark on following
- warn me when some site installs add-ons
- Block reported Web forgeries
- Block reported attack Sites
If still Smart PC Care exists on your system, Scan your PC to detect and Get Rid of it
Kindly submit your question, incase if you wish to know more about Smart PC Care Removal