This post is all about Assembly Ransomware and it's removal tips. If your Windows PC is infected with this ransomware and you really want to delete it then go through with this post completely.
Assembly Ransomware : Threat's Profile
|Threat's Name||Assembly Ransomware|
|Risk Level||Very High|
|Affected Systems||Windows OS|
|Discovered on||Mid of April 2018|
|Based on||HiddenTear Open Source Ransomware|
|Related System Files||asssembly.exe and READ_ME.txt|
|Description||Assembly Ransomware is a newly discovered ransomware created by cyber offenders to extort money from victims.|
|Occurrences||Spam campaigns, torrent files, infected devices, P2P file sharing sources, exploit kits, drive-by-downloads and much more.|
|To delete Assembly Ransomware and decrypt files, affected users must download free Windows Scanner Tool.|
Complete Information of Assembly Ransomware
Assembly Ransomware has been classified by security experts as a mid-tier crypto threat belongs to the ransomware family. This ransomware is based on the HiddenTear open source ransomware that aimed to mainly target the regular System users. Likewise other ransomware, it also perform the encryption algorithm to make money from victims. It seems to execute as "assembly.exe" on the affected machine and locks entire stored data with unique and strong file encryption key.
File Encryption Procedure Performed by Assembly Ransomware
This ransomware is designed by hackers in such a way that it can lock data including databases, text notes, presentations, musics, PDFs, eBooks, videos and much more. The locked object of this ransomware can be easily notified because it add ".locked" file extension at the end of the file. After locking System files, it drops a ransom note in the text file format entitled as "READ_ME.txt" and dropped to Desktop folders and Documents.
Don't Pay Ransom Fee Asked by Assembly Ransomware
According to the depth analysis by researcher on its ransom note, they assumed that it asks victims to pay around $1000 in Bitcoin. The developers of this ransomware states victims that the file can be only decrypted once the ransom fee is submitted. But security experts are strictly warned victims to do so because they confirmed that the hackers often ignored victims after taking ransom fee from victims. The locked files can be easily recoverable using the backup but to keep all valuable data safe and protected, the deletion of Assembly Ransomware is highly recommended from PC.
Common Sources of Assembly Ransomware Attack
- Opening of Spam emails or attachments.
- Downloading of cost-free or shareware applications.
- Clicking on any suspicious advertisements or malicious links.
- Executing of bad macro script.
- Sharing of files over P2P file sharing network and much more.
How To Remove Assembly Ransomware From Your PC
Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
- Now your computer will get started in Safe Mode with Networking.
End Assembly Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard.
- Task manager Windows will get opened on your computer screen.
- Go to Precess tab, find the Assembly Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Uninstall Assembly Ransomware From Windows 7 Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all Assembly Ransomware related items from list.
Uninstall Assembly Ransomware From Windows 8 Control Panel
- On right edge of screen, Click on Search button and type “Control Panel”.
- Now choose the Uninstall a Program option from Programs category.
- Find and delete Assembly Ransomware related items from the programs list.
Delete Assembly Ransomware From Windows 10 Control Panel
- Click on Start button and search Control Panel from Search Box.
- Got to Programs and select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Select and Remove all Assembly Ransomware related programs.
Remove Assembly Ransomware Related Registry Entries
- Press Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Select and remove all Assembly Ransomware related entries.
Remove Assembly Ransomware Infection From msconfig
- Open Run Box by pressing Windows+R buttons together.
- Now type “msconfig” in the Run Box and press Enter.
- Open Startup tab and uncheck all entries from unknown manufacturer.
Hope the above process has helped you in removing the Assembly Ransomware virus completely from your computer. If you still have this nasty ransomware left in your PC then you should opt for a malware removal tool. It is the most easy way to remove this harmful computer virus from your computer. Download the Free Assembly Ransomware Scanner on your system and scan your computer. It can easily find and remove this pesky ransomware threat from your PC.
If you have any questions regarding the removal of this virus then you can ask your question from your PC security experts. They will feel happy to solve your problem.