This post is mainly created to help Windows users whose files are encrypted with [email protected] Ransomware. Actually, it is a latest variant of the Scarab Ransomware that aim to take hostage of users files and extort money from them. Well, need not to be panic because with the help of this expert's guidelines you will definitely decrypt your files without paying a single penny. Carry out the provided [email protected] Ransomware removal instruction as in exact order which is described at the end of this post.
Threat's Profile of [email protected] Ransomware
|Threat's Name||[email protected] Ransomware|
|Threat's Type||File encrypting virus, Ransomware|
|Variant of||Scarab Ransomware|
|Risk Impact||Very High|
|Infected Systems||Win 32 & Win 64|
|File Extension||[email protected]|
|Ransom Note||HOW TO RECOVER ENCRYPTED [email protected]|
|Primary Objective||Tricks more and more System users into paying hefty ransom fee.|
|Occurrences||Spam campaigns, torrent downloads, bundling method, drive-by-downloads, exploit kits, contaminated devices, hacked domain, file sharing sites etc.|
|In order to get rid of [email protected] Ransomware and decrypt files, System users must download the Windows Scanner Tool.|
[email protected] Ransomware : Identified As The Latest Variant of Scarab Ransomware
From last few days, the Scarab Ransomware family has just grown rapidly. It has launched numerous variant of ransomware infection but recently its developer has launched [email protected] Ransomware that uses strong AES encryption algorithm to scramble infected Computer's files. Like its predecessor variant, the developers of such a ransomware also demand ransom payment in the Bitcoin to decrypt files. But team of security analysts are not recommended to pay ransom demanded fee. Experts often advised victims to take an immediate action regarding deletion of [email protected] Ransomware instead of paying ransom demanded amount.
Actions Performed By [email protected] Ransomware
- Proliferates inside the Windows PC silently.
- Scan Windows PC in deep.
- Target almost all file types stored in Windows machine.
- Uses [email protected] file extension to rename the targeted files.
- Makes all stored files inaccessible or no longer openable.
- Drops a ransom note entitled as HOW TO RECOVER ENCRYPTED [email protected].
- Asks victims to pay ransom fee to decrypt files.
Another Harmful Traits of [email protected] Ransomware
- Disables security measures as well as firewall settings.
- Highly consumes resources and degrades performance speed.
- Modifies complete System settings without users awareness.
- Opens backdoor and permit hackers to access affected machine remotely.
- Collect users all sensitive data and forwarded them to cyber hackers with evil intention etc.
Remove [email protected] Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove [email protected] Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove [email protected] Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To [email protected] Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find [email protected] Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove [email protected] Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove [email protected] Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the [email protected] Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the [email protected] Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.