Is there anyone who can help me to fix Tap Windows Adapter V9? I have noticed it on my Windows PC when I started to use VPN. I have already tried lots of solution to disable and fix Tap Windows Adapter V9 but unable to do. If you have any solution regarding this then please suggest me as soon as possible.
What do you know about Tap Windows Adapter V9?
Tap Windows Adapter V9 is actually a network driver that allows the Virtual Private Network (VPN) to connect to it’s related servers. It often appears in the Device Manager under the category of Network Adapters and the default installation location of this network driver is ‘C:/Program Files/Tap-Windows’. When, Tap Windows Adapter V9 is enabled, users might suffer with the connection issues. It automatically appears on user machine upon the successful installation of the VPN client. If somehow the connectivity issue arises, various things may be happened on your screen. So, it is very necessary to fix Tap Windows Adapter V9 issue as soon as possible.
What are the best ways to fix Tap Windows Adapter V9?
Solution 1 : Disable & Re-enable Adapter
- Start your Windows PC.
- In the search box of Windows Taskbar, type Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, go to Network & Internet and then choose option of Network sharing Center.
- After that click on option of ‘Change adapter settings’.
- On next, right-click on connection of local area which is using the Tap Windows Adapter V9.
- Then after click on Disable option.
- Now, you have to wait for few moments.
- Then right-click on it again and choose option of Enable.
Solution 2 : Uninstall Tap Windows Adapter V9 Driver
- Start your PC and open the Run box by pressing Win+R key.
- In run box, type devmgmt.msc.
- Now, Device Manger window will be displayed on your screen.
- Double-click on the ‘Network adapter’ to expand it.
- After that right-click on Tap Windows Adapter V9 and choose option of Properties.
- On ‘Driver’ tab, click on Uninstall button.
- At last, click on the checkbox of ‘Delete the driver software for this device’ and continue the procedure by clicking on OK button.
Solution 3 : Try To Re-install Tap Windows Adapter V9 Driver
- Open your Windows PC.
- Right-click on Start icon and choose option of Device Manager.
- Go to Network adapters >> choose Tap Windows Adapter V9 option.
- Right-click on Tap Windows Adapter V9 and press on the option of Uninstall device.
- On next, you have to follow on-screen instructions carefully until procedure or process gets finished successfully.
The above described manual instructions are enough to fix Tap Windows Adapter V9 issue. So, you can try any one of the solution to fix such an issue.