Santa Encryptor Ransomware is a newly found ransomware which is created with the motive of ransomware with the only motive of extorting money. This destructive piece of program is spread all across the world. A ransomware can be highly infectious and a deadly malware infection that is designed to mostly attacks people in the region of Russia and also the other part of the world. It is one of the nasty creation of cyber criminals that has illegal purpose and the only motive to hack user’s computer. Upon successful infiltration, it begins to encrypt all the data, files, folders etc. which may includ .jpg, .zip, .doc, .rtf and .pdf files.
Soon after it appends all of them with '.vault' extension emphasizing that all your files are quarantined. After the ransomware infection, you will be unable to access your computer and surf internet properly as well. Santa Encryptor Ransomware when gets activated on compromised PC, it make use of GNU Privacy Guard (GnuPG) tool which is bound to generate encryption key to encrypt data or files present on the targeted computer. As soon as this ransomware gets activated on your PC, it will make unwanted modifications in your PC also. It will modify registry entry and some other important system settings that can disrupt normal functioning of the compromised computer.
The original name of your files are modified by adding an extension name to them. Data are completely made inaccessible and demands a hefty ransom money from you in order to decrypt your files. However, the ransom has to be paid in bitcoin cryptocurrency. But, you must not do whatever Santa Encryptor Ransomware says because it does not guarantee that it will safely return all your files back. This is why you are prohibited from paying money to ransomware. Paying money to hackers may lead to financial crisis.
Santa Encryptor Ransomware not only encrypts your file but also damage your system. Due to the presence of this malware on your computer, performance and speed of your computer will slowly degrade. Anti-virus program will be disabled and computer's security system will be weaken. It will keep your system's security at risk. Hence, as soon as you detect Santa Encryptor Ransomware on your computer, remove it at once before it complete corrupts your entire computer.
Remove Santa Encryptor Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove Santa Encryptor Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove Santa Encryptor Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To Santa Encryptor Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find Santa Encryptor Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove Santa Encryptor Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove Santa Encryptor Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the Santa Encryptor Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the Santa Encryptor Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.