Have you encountered Favicon Miner Virus? Made every possible attempts but failed to remove it? Don't have any idea on how to get rid of this virus? If you are suffering from such problem and wanted a solution then keep reading the post given here.
Favicon Miner Virus is detected as a malicious and aggressive computer malware which comes under trojan horse virus. It is responsible for the loading of malicious programs and for performing a series of destructive activities to make your computer system out of order. It can even destroy the compromised computer. The moment virus is loaded on to the computer, it will at first alters Windows registry that makes it able to start together with the computer system each single time whenever system is turned on. It also hides itself from installed antivirus program. While Favicon Miner Virus being executed, it starts downloading malevolent programs onto your computer. It scans your entire computer for important data and then corrupt them such that you will be no longer able to open them.
This malware can be executed on your computer without your permission. It runs its malicious tasks in the background along with system files. Moreover, you will not realize the presence of malware for long time until Favicon Miner Virus unveils itself by showing unusual things on the computer such as unknown shortcuts created on the desktop, deletion of programs, occurrence of blue screen of death, frequent system crash or freezing and many more. In order to mess the entire computer system, it makes unwanted changes in the registry entry and other important Windows settings. Being a silent sneaker, it is able to get inside your computer without seeking your permission to enter. It simply comes packed with free programs which you often download from phishing websites.
Besides, a click on dubious ads or links, any visit to questionable websites such as pornography or torrent, playing online games, etcetera can cause this type of infection into the PC. You will not realize when this malware has attacked your PC. This PC threat can come in any form on your system. Favicon Miner Virus once on your PC will completely damage the entire computer system. Thus, it is very important that you quickly delete Favicon Miner Virus from PC.
Steps to Remove Favicon Miner Virus
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Favicon Miner Virus
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Favicon Miner Virus
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Favicon Miner Virus and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Favicon Miner Virus
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Favicon Miner Virus and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Favicon Miner Virus. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Favicon Miner Virus related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Favicon Miner Virus, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Favicon Miner Virus Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Favicon Miner Virus Running Processes.
- Right Click on Favicon Miner Virus and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Favicon Miner Virus Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Favicon Miner Virus and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Favicon Miner Virus Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Favicon Miner Virus, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!