|Warning, many anti-virus scanner have detected Locked Ransomware as threat to your computer|
|Locked Ransomware is flagged by these Anti Virus Scanner|
|Anti Virus Software||Version||Detection|
|AVG||8.842814||Variant of Win64/Trojan.Locked Ransomware.B|
|Suggestion: Uninstall Locked Ransomware Completely – Free Download|
Locked Ransomware may have entered your pc through these software. If you have not installed them , then get rid of them MatchCut 1.0 , Clients and Profits X 10.2 , Fiction Fixers: Alice in Wonderland 2.0 , Accessus 1.0 , Spanning Sync 3.3 , ClassFinder 1.0 , Pixelmator v3.0 , Scribe 2.1 , aIsland Stains Stationery Pack 1.0 , Berberus Mass Image Resizer 1.5.1 , Twilight Mahjongg 1.0
Introduction To Locked Ransomware
Locked Ransomware is very harmful and dangerous for your system. It is a type of encryption virus which locks all your data and make your PC inaccessible. You will need to find the decryption key to unlock your files. It shows an instruction Window on the system screen. It makes modifications to the windows registry entries for its persistence. It is designed in a way to launch this virus automatically into your computer with each start up of your operating system.
How Does Locked Ransomware Penetrate Into Your System
Locked Ransomware penetrates into the system via spam email, peer to peer file attachments, drive by downloads, social media, online ads, unpatched software, clicking on malicious links, visiting low quality websites etc.
Encryption Process Of Locked Ransomware
Locked Ransomware encrypts your files by using the strong algorithm but it is under the development phase. It encrypts your files like documents, power-points, spreadsheets, images, music, audio, video etc, the file formats which get changed in the process of encryption are .ppt, .doc, .xls, .jpg, .jpeg, .mp3, .mp4 etc. Once the encryption process is complete, Locked Ransomware starts it’s malicious activities and force users to pay the ransom amount.
How Does Locked Ransomware Provide A Bad Scenario
Locked Ransomware is very hazardous. It provides a bad impacts on your PC. The hackers drop the ransom note and they give the warning message to you to open your files. They demand the ransom amount to decrypt your files. And it is very important to note that you will become victim. They warn you that if you will not pay the amount in a prescribed deadline, you will lose your data permanently. They demand the ransom money of several US Dollars to unlock your files. But it is advised here that you should never pay the amount because there is no guarantee that you will get back your files. You should use the data recovery software to get back of your all files. You can also follow the instruction here to remove Locked Ransomware completely from your computer.
Remove Locked Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove Locked Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove Locked Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To Locked Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find Locked Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove Locked Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove Locked Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the Locked Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the Locked Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.