Searchcontrol.co : Threat's Description
|Description||Searchcontrol.co is able to make changes in your default browser settings and replace the pre-set search provider with its own dubious one.|
|Possible Symptoms||Performance degradation of system, other malware attacks, cyber theft, etc.|
|Detection / Removal Tool||Download Searchcontrol.co Scanner to confirm the attack of Searchcontrol.co virus.|
Searchcontrol.co : A Hijacker Acts Like a Legit Search Tool
Searchcontrol.co is a browser hijacker that can sneak inside the targeted computers unnoticed with the help of potentially unwanted program or an adware. It can hijack the popular Internet browsers installed on infected Windows operating system. Right after its successful invasion, the hijacker immediately sets itself as a default search provider and a new tab URL address without leaving system users a chance to revert their previous settings and set their preferred search engine back to the normal one.
As seen from its appearance, Searchcontrol.co might look as simple as other popular search tools like Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc. Therefore, it might seem useful and out of the ordinary. However, the legitimacy of this search provider is highly questionable. According the research report published by the malware analysts, it is yet another cyber infection which falls into the category of browser hijacker. Once getting inside the targeted computers, Searchcontrol.co will perform various unpleasant activities without asking for your permission.
Annoyances Caused by Searchcontrol.co Hijacker Virus
- Display many intrusive advertisements during your browsing sessions.
- Provides altered search results after looking for any specific information.
- Prevent you from resetting default search provider and homepage.
- It will force you to use Searchcontrol.co as your default search engine.
- Gathers non-personally identifiable data, like clicked ads, browsing history, etc.
How Searchcontrol.co Browser Hijacker Threat Works?
Technically speaking, it pretends to be a browsing experience enhancing tool, but the negative properties of this threat that are listed above tells exactly opposite things about Searchcontrol.co. It causes numerous unwanted activities onto the infected Windows machines in order to control user's online browsing sessions. Additionally, the hijacker might put your system's security and privacy at high risk. The redirect tendencies of this threat are concerning too.
The depth-analysis on Searchcontrol.co dubious search tool revealed that clicking on its displayed adverts and links might trigger unwanted browser redirects to highly questionable domains like phishing, tech support scam or web portals used for distributing malicious computer threats as well. So, you should not risk your privacy and security by using this suspicious search tool. In case, if your default homepage has been hijacked by this threat, then you should take immediate action and remove Searchcontrol.co virus by following the manual removal instructions provided at the end of this security article.
Manual Steps to Remove Searchcontrol.co From Your Hijacked Browser
Simple Steps To Remove Infection From Your Browser
For Internet Explorer :
1. Launch Internet explorer and click on the Gear icon then to Manage Add-ons.
2. Now click on Search Provider tab followed by Find more search providers…
3. Now look for your preferred search engine provider for instance Google Search engine.
4. Further you need to click on Add to Internet Explorer option appeared on the page. After then tick out the Make this my default search engine provider appeared on the Add Search Provider window and then click on Add button.
5. Restart Internet explorer to apply the new changes.
For Mozilla :
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox and go for the Settings icon (☰) followed by Options from the drop down menu.
2. Now you have to tap on Search tab there. And, under Default Search Engine you can choose your desirable search engine provider from the drop down menu and remove Searchcontrol.co related search providers.
3. If you want to add another search option into Mozilla Firefox then you can do it by going through Add more search engines… option. It will take you to the Firefox official Add-ons page from where you can choose and install search engine add-ons from their.
4. Once installed you can go back to Search tab and choose your favorite search provider as a default.
For Chrome :
1. Open Chrome and tap on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings.
2. Now under Search option you can choose desirable Search engine providers from drop down menu.
3. If you want to use another search engine option then you can click on Manage search engines… which opens current list of search engines and other as well. To choose you have to take your cursor on it and then select Make default button appears there followed by Done to close the window.
For Google Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings option from the drop down menu.
2. Now tap Reset settings button.
3. Finally select Reset button again on the dialog box appeared for confirmation.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Settings icon (☰) and then to Open Help Menu option followed by Troubleshooting Information from drop down menu.
2. Now Click on Reset Firefox… on the upper right corner of about:support page and again to Reset Firefox button to confirm the resetting of Mozilla Firefox to delete Searchcontrol.co completely.
Reset Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Internet options.
2. Now tap Advanced tab followed by Reset button. Then tick out the Delete personal settings option on the appeared dialog box and further press Reset button to clean Searchcontrol.co related data completely.
3. Once Reset completed click on Close button and restart Internet explorer to apply the changes.
Reset Safari :
1. Click on Edit followed by Reset Safari… from the drop down menu on Safari.
2. Now ensure that all of the options are ticked out in the appeared dialog box and click on Reset button.
1. Click on Start menu followed by Control Panel. Then click on Uninstall a program below Programs option.
2. Further find and Uninstall Searchcontrol.co and any other unwanted programs from the Control panel.
Remove Unwanted Toolbars and Extensions Related With Searchcontrol.co
For Chrome :
1. Tap on Menu (☰) button, hover on tools and then tap on Extension option.
2. Now click on Trash icon next to the Searchcontrol.co related suspicious extensions to remove it.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Add-ons.
2. Now select the Extensions or Appearance tab in Add-ons Manager window. Then click on Disable button to remove Searchcontrol.co related extensions.
For Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Manage add-ons.
2. Further tap on Toolbars and Extensions panel and then Disable button to remove Searchcontrol.co related extensions.
From Safari :
1. Click on Gear Settings icon followed by Preferences…
2. Now tap on Extensions panel and then click on Uninstall button to remove Searchcontrol.co related extensions.
From Opera :
1. Click on Opera icon then hover to Extensions and click Extensions manager.
2. Now click on X button next to unwanted extensions to remove it.
Chrome : Click on Menu (☰) → Settings → Show advanced Settings → Clear browsing data.
Firefox : Tap on Settings (☰) →History →Clear Reset History → check Cookies → Clear Now.
Internet Explorer : Click on Tools → Internet options → General tab → Check Cookies and Website data → Delete.
Safari : Click on Settings Gear icon →Preferences → Privacy tab → Remove All Website Data…→ Remove Now button.
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Settings.
2. Tap on Show advanced settings.
- Phishing and malware protection : It is enables by default in privacy section. Warns users if detected any suspicious site having phishing or malware threats.
- SSL certificates and settings : Tap on Manage certificates under HTTPS/SSL section to manage SSL certificates and settings.
3. Now tap close button when done.
If you are still having issues in the removal of Searchcontrol.co from your compromised system then you can feel free to talk to our experts.