|Warning, many anti-virus scanner have detected [email protected] Virus as threat to your computer|
|[email protected] Virus is flagged by these Anti Virus Scanner|
|Anti Virus Software||Version||Detection|
|ClamAV||7.6.612317||[email protected] Virus.AB|
|Avast||2.117201||Variant of Win64/[email protected] Virus.B|
|Webutation||7.5.533||Win32/Spy.SpyEye.CA, Web Surfer Watcher|
|Suggestion: Uninstall [email protected] Virus Completely – Free Download|
[email protected] Virus may have entered your pc through these software. If you have not installed them , then get rid of them Docktopus 1.0.4 , Polymerge 1.42 , Shout 1.2.1 , ClockIt 2.0 , Panda 0.3 , X0.1b , DinoSingers 1.0.1 , OpenGL Extensions Viewer 4.2.7 , LoanStar 1.4 , iPhoto to PhotoToWeb 7.1 , Firefox Live CD 3.6 r4.1 , QuickHold 2.0 , Charm Tale 2: Mermaid Lagoon 2.0 , Actions Server 1.0.3 , Unstoppable Gorg 18.104.22.168 , Chicken 2.2b2
Detailed Threat Analysis Of [email protected] Virus
[email protected] Virus is a recently reported malware that has file encrypting capabilities and hence has been classified as a ransomware. The ransomware was reported by cyber security researchers and has been identified to be using open source codes to target users and encrypt several kinds of files using strong and secure encryption algorithms. The main motive behind such attack is to make the files available with the users as unrecognizable by the existing operating system. Since the files get encrypted and their extension changes the files cannot be used by the users as before. The ransomware then leaves a ransom note behind that is to serve instructions to the users and inform them about the attack. [email protected] Virus leaves the instruction in a text file that gives the contact details as it doesn’t specify the ransom amount. Users are assumed to be left with no other choice but to contact and pay ransom. However such affected users should know that black-hat hackers are not known to hold to their promise and the contact can be used as an opportunity to harm the system by sending malware hidden as a decryption key. Cyber-criminals are known to simply ignore affected users once they have obtained a ransom amount. Therefore it would be wise not to contact these threat actors under any circumstance.
[email protected] Virus has been observed to be using deceiving methods to spread itself. It can be installed within the system from software bundles that are typically obtained from sites hosting freeware. These bundles generally carry infected payload hidden within legitimate file formats and hence can not be easily detected by users while installing them. Users may also obtain spam messages that carry the ransomware payload which are embedded as macros within the documents that are attached within these spam mails. These messages are crafted with urgent and alarming subject lines meant to catch users attention. The text carries names of reputed firms and brands that make them appear as legitimate. Hence users can unknowingly install [email protected] Virus by enabling the infectious scripts while reading such documents.
[email protected] Virus immediately drops its payload within several of system’s directories and makes modifications within the registry sub-keys. It encrypts the files with AES and RSA algorithms and adds an extension to the files. The ransom note can be found within the system, which asks users to contact at emails mentioned in the note. However, users can remove the [email protected] Virus by following these steps.
How To Remove [email protected] Virus Virus Manually
Step 1 : Restart your computer in safe with networking
- Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key continuously.
- You will find the Advance Boot Option on your computer screen.
- Select Safe Mode With Networking Option by using arrow keys.
- Login your computer with Administrator account.
Step 2 : Step all [email protected] Virus related process
- Press the Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box.
- Type “taskmgr” and Click OK or Hit Enter button.
- Now go to the Process tab and find out [email protected] Virus related process.
- Click on End Process button to stop that running process.
Step 3 : Restore Your Windows PC To Factory Settings
System Restore Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results.
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option.
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Hope these manual steps help you successfully remove the [email protected] Virus infection from your computer. If you have performed all the above manual steps and still can’t access your files or cannot remove this nasty ransomware infection from your computer then you should choose a powerful malware removal tool. You can easily remove this harmful virus from your computer by using third party tool. It is the best and the most easy way to get rid of this infection.
If you have any further question regarding this threat or its removal then you can directly ask your question from our experts. A panel of highly experienced and qualified tech support experts are waiting to help you.