|Warning, many anti-virus scanner have detected .metan File Extension Ransomware as threat to your computer|
|.metan File Extension Ransomware is flagged by these Anti Virus Scanner|
|Anti Virus Software||Version||Detection|
|Cyren||5.3.805211||Trj.Win32..metan File Extension Ransomware.AB|
|URLQuery||4.223857||Variant of Win32/Trojan..metan File Extension Ransomware.B|
|Web Security Guard||5.4.849||ProtejaseuDrive, Packer.Malware.NSAnti.J|
|Suggestion: Uninstall .metan File Extension Ransomware Completely – Free Download|
.metan File Extension Ransomware may have entered your pc through these software. If you have not installed them , then get rid of them TimeBox 5.8.1 , TennisAce 3.0 , XsTrimmerLite 2.1.1 , OS X Utilities 1.1 , Bomb Squad Rogue 1.0 , REALbars 1.5 , athenaCL 2.0.0a15 , VirusBarrier 10.8.3 , Big Business , Paint +++ 2.2 , This Day in History 1.0.11
Detailed Report On .metan File Extension Ransomware
.metan File Extension Ransomware is a file encrypting malware that has been based upon an open source Ransomware. It is capable of encrypting various file formats which can make those files unusable unless they are decrypted using a private decryption key. The ransomware has been found to be using strong encryption key and immediately stores the decryption key on remote servers. .metan File Extension Ransomware has been identified to deceive users by means of spam mails and software bundles to spread itself. The spam mails are specially crafted to catch receiver’s attention as they carry details such as product information, invoice, purchase order, banking update and such with names of reputed firms. The contents give an impression of legitimacy and asks users to click on links provided within the text to obtain more information. These links are used to inject scripts that allows the payload to download itself and start the encryption process. .metan File Extension Ransomware can also use software bundles to hide itself as legitimate archive files in .rar or .zip format. The files then get executed during installation process along with other applications. The ransomware has been designed to scan the system and identify important files that need to be encrypted. It can also make changes to operating system’s registry that allows it to launch itself at system’s reboot. It has been identified to make changes to Run and RunOnce registry keys. The ransomware drops its payload in various sub directories of the system and hence can be difficult to detect manually.
.metan File Extension Ransomware soon starts its encryption process after identifying important files within the system. It has been found to be using AES-128 and RSA-2048 encryption algorithm to encrypt files and immediately sends the decryption key to remote servers. The files that get encrypted can be identified with long strings that contain random letters and characters and end with an extension. It drops a ransom message in a file that displays the content regarding the attack. .metan File Extension Ransomware informs users that their files can only be recovered using a special software and unique decryption key that can be obtained by contacting them to negotiate a deal regarding the ransom amount. To gain trust of affected users .metan File Extension Ransomware asks them to attach three encrypted files that will be decrypted. If not contacted within seven days the unique decryption key will be deleted from remote server. However users should not contact them and instead can follow these steps to remove the ransomware from their PC.
How To Remove .metan File Extension Ransomware Virus Manually
Step 1 : Restart your computer in safe with networking
- Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key continuously.
- You will find the Advance Boot Option on your computer screen.
- Select Safe Mode With Networking Option by using arrow keys.
- Login your computer with Administrator account.
Step 2 : Step all .metan File Extension Ransomware related process
- Press the Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box.
- Type “taskmgr” and Click OK or Hit Enter button.
- Now go to the Process tab and find out .metan File Extension Ransomware related process.
- Click on End Process button to stop that running process.
Step 3 : Restore Your Windows PC To Factory Settings
System Restore Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results.
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option.
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Hope these manual steps help you successfully remove the .metan File Extension Ransomware infection from your computer. If you have performed all the above manual steps and still can’t access your files or cannot remove this nasty ransomware infection from your computer then you should choose a powerful malware removal tool. You can easily remove this harmful virus from your computer by using third party tool. It is the best and the most easy way to get rid of this infection.
If you have any further question regarding this threat or its removal then you can directly ask your question from our experts. A panel of highly experienced and qualified tech support experts are waiting to help you.