This article is specially designed for deleting GnatSpy malware from the corrupted Computer System. So, read and follow all the removal instructions properly.
|Name Of Threat||GnatSpy|
|Type Of Threat||Malware|
|Discovered In||December, 2017|
|Variant Of||VAMP Trojan|
|Developed By||Two-Tailed Scorpion APT-C-23 Hacking group|
|Targets Countries||Israel and Palestine|
|Detected By||Trend Micro|
|Infected Browser||Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Edge.|
|Affected System||XP, 8.1, Vista, 8, 10, 7, Win 32/64.|
|Spreading Ways||Fake invoices, email spam campaigns, click commercial ads embedded malicious codes etc.|
Preliminary Informations About GnatSpy
GnatSpy is an extremely injurious cyber threat which belongs to the malware category of virus. It is a new upgraded variant of the VAMP Trojan which was spotted in December 2017 by the most popular cyber experts called Trend Micro. This was mainly developed by the infamous Two-Tailed Scorpion APT-C-23 which is supposed to be located some where in Middle East countries that was specially designed to attack Android devices only. It can easily infects different Web Browser Search Engines like Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Safari etc and most leading Windows Operating System like Win 32/64, 7, XP, 10, Vista, 8/8.1 etc. The chief motive behind the creation of such malware threats by the cyber criminals is to extract confidential informations of the victim like call history, IP address, login IDs, password etc from the corrupted system.
Attributes Of GnatSpy
GnatSpy is a dangerous computer infection which can secretly get propagated to victimized computer system by using some malicious techniques like pornographic or adult sites, reading junked e-mail attachments, click commercial ads embedded malicious codes, untrustworthy downloading sources, free file hosting websites, email spam campaigns, online gaming server, downloading torrents websites, fake invoices, corrupted external drives, peer to peer file sharing network, download free things from untrusted websites, fake software updater, hacked executable files, software bundling method etc. It was intensionally developed for mainly targeting the officials and government bodies of Palestine and Israel. As it gets active into the affected system it tries to withdraw sensitive data of the users which is then shared with the third party for making illegal money.
Some Defects Caused By GnatSpy
GnatSpy is a deceitful cyber threat which can efficiently gather all the crucial informations of the users like some personal pictures, videos, audio call recordings, contact lists etc which is then purposely shared by the attackers by using a C&C (Command & Control) Servers for gaining tremendous mount of illicit money for its hackers. It can also either download or install certain unwanted programs into the contaminated machines without user authorizations.
How To Eliminate GnatSpy
For removing GnatSpy from the deceived system you can use any of the two effective techniques like either manual or automatic removal tools.
Manual GnatSpy Removal Guide
Step 1: How to Start your PC in Safe Mode with Networking to Get Rid of GnatSpy
(For Win 7 | XP | Vista Users)
- first of all PC is to be rebooted in Safe Mode with Networking
- Select on Start Button and Click on Shutdown | Restart option and select OK
- when the PC restarts, keep tapping on F8 until you don’t get Advanced Boot Options.
- Safe Mode with Networking Option is to be selected from the list.
(For Win 8 | 8.1 | Win 10 Users)
- Click on Power Button near Windows Login Screen
- Keep Shift Button on the keyboard pressed and select Restart Option
- Now Select on Enable Safe Mode with Networking Option
In case GnatSpy, is not letting your PC to Start in Safe Mode, then following Step is to followed
Step 2: Remove GnatSpy Using System Restore Process
- PC need to be rebooted to Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- As soon as Command Prompt Window appear on the screen, select on cd restore and press on Enter option
Type rstrui.exe and Click on Enter again.
Now users need to Click on Next option and Choose restore point that was the last time Windows was working fine prior to GnatSpy infection. Once done, Click on Next button.
Select Yes to Restore your System and get rid of GnatSpy infection.
However, if the above steps does not work to remove GnatSpy, follow the below mentioned steps
Step:3 Unhide All Hidden Files and Folders to Delete GnatSpy
How to View GnatSpy Hidden Folders on Windows XP
- In order to show the hidden files and folders, you need to follow the given instructions:-
- Close all the Windows or minimize the opened application to go to desktop.
- Open “My Computer” by double-clicking on its icon.
- Click on Tools menu and select Folder options.
- Click on the View tab from the new Window.
- Check the Display contents of the system folders options.
- In the Hidden files and folders section, you need to put a check mark on Show hidden files and folders option.
- Click on Apply and then OK button. Now, close the Window.
- Now, you can see all the GnatSpy related hidden files and folders on the system.
How to Access GnatSpy Hidden folders on Windows Vista
- Minimize or close all opened tabs and go to Desktop.
- Go to the lower left of your screen, you will see Windows logo there, click on Start button.
- Go to Control Panel menu and click on it.
- After Control Panel got opened, there will two options, either “Classic View” or “Control Panel Home View”.
- Do the following when you are in “Classic View”.
- Double click on the icon and open Folder Options.
- Choose View tab.
- Again move to step 5.
- Do the following if you are “Control Panel Home View”.
- Hit button on Appearance and Personalization link.
- Chose Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Under the Hidden File or Folder section, click on the button which is right next to the Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Click on Apply button and then hit OK. Now, close the window.
- Now, to show you all hidden files or folders created by GnatSpy, you have successfully considered Windows Vista.
How to Unhide GnatSpy Created Folders on Windows 7
1. Go to the desktop and tap on the small rectangle which is located in the lower-right part of the system screen.
2. Now, just open the “Start” menu by clicking on the Windows start button which is located in the lower-left side of the PC screen that carries the windows logo.
3. Then after, look for the “Control Panel” menu option in the right-most row and open it.
4. When the Control Panel menu opens, then look for the “Folder Options” link.
5. Tap over the “View tab”.
6. Under the “Advanced Settings” category, double click on the “Hidden Files or Folders” associated with GnatSpy.
7. Next, just select the check-box in order to Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
8. After this, click on “Apply” >> “OK” and then close the menu.
9. Now, the Windows 7 should be configured to show you all hidden files, folders or drives.
Steps to Unhide GnatSpy related Files and Folders on Windows 8
- First of all, power on your Windows PC and click on start logo button that is found in left side of the system screen.
- Now, move to program lists and select control panel app.
- When Control panel is open completely, click on more settings option.
- After, you will see a Control panel Window and then you choose “Appearance and Personalization” tab.
- In Advance settings dialogue box, you need to tick mark on Show hidden files and folders and clear the check box for Hide protected system files.
- Click on Apply and Ok button. This apply option helps you to detect and eradicate all types of GnatSpy related suspicious files.
- Finally, navigate your mouse cursor on close option to exit this panel.
How to View GnatSpy associated folders on Windows 10
1. Open the folder if you wish to unhide files.
2. Search and Click on View in Menu bar
3. In Menu click on to view folder options.
4. Again click on View and Enable Radio Button associated with Show hidden files created by GnatSpy, folder and drive.
5. Press apply and OK.
Step 4: Press Start Key along with R- copy + paste the below stated command and Click on OK
- This will open up a new file, in case if your system has been hacked, some IP’s will be shown at the bottom of the screen
Click on the Start Menu, Input “Control Panel” in the search box —> Select. Network and Internet —> Network and Sharing Center —> Next Change Adapter Settings. Right-click your Internet connection —> Select on Properties.
- In case if you find Suspicious IP in the local host –or if you are finding it difficult and have any problem then submit question to us and we will be happy to help you.