Threat Analysis For: JS/Kryptik.BDX
|Discovery Date||May 05, 2017|
|Detection||Free Download JS/Kryptik.BDX Scanner|
JS/Kryptik.BDX is an extremely malicious malware that has been widely detected by security researchers since May 5, 2017. It can be used to run infectious scripts on the targeted system which are capable of disrupting the system's overall health. Security researchers have found out that JS/Kryptik.BDX can be used to install Cerber ransomware in targeted system which can put many important files of system under encryption. This can force affected user to pay unreasonable ransom demands that may get asked from hackers. The trojan has been primarily designed to make infected system more vulnerable to other malware infections. It can be used to give an unhindered access of the system to cyber-criminals who can then inject suspicious scripts and allow other malware to penetrate system's defenses. JS/Kryptik.BDX can give remote access of vulnerable system to hackers, who can then use the system's resources for carrying out evil deeds. The trojan soon after installing itself gathers details regarding the hardware and software capabilities of the system. This gathered information then gets transferred to remote servers were the threat actors decide what kind of infection would be suitable for hosts.
JS/Kryptik.BDX damages the performance of system by causing numerous problems. It starts changing important system codes which can allow harmful scripts to run in the system's background. This can put immense working load on the system's hardware. The system may start heating up which can cause it to freeze. This can even diminish the working life of system. By making changes in the system's registry, JS/Kryptik.BDX can allow itself to remain undetected and can even make changes to firewall settings. This can allow other malware to gain an easy access to an already vulnerable system. It can even install scripts which can read and store keystrokes made by user. This can allow treat actors to steal confidential information from users such as name, passwords, financial details, online credentials. These information can either be used against the user in form of harassment and cyber bullying or it could be used to carryout online identity-theft and financial frauds which can leave users devastated. JS/Kryptik.BDX can soon establish itself to spread to other networks that users may be connected to. It would be important to remove it effectively by following the guide given here.
Manual JS/Kryptik.BDX Removal Guide
Step 1: How to Start your PC in Safe Mode with Networking to Get Rid of JS/Kryptik.BDX
(For Win 7 | XP | Vista Users)
- first of all PC is to be rebooted in Safe Mode with Networking
- Select on Start Button and Click on Shutdown | Restart option and select OK
- when the PC restarts, keep tapping on F8 until you don’t get Advanced Boot Options.
- Safe Mode with Networking Option is to be selected from the list.
(For Win 8 | 8.1 | Win 10 Users)
- Click on Power Button near Windows Login Screen
- Keep Shift Button on the keyboard pressed and select Restart Option
- Now Select on Enable Safe Mode with Networking Option
In case JS/Kryptik.BDX, is not letting your PC to Start in Safe Mode, then following Step is to followed
Step 2: Remove JS/Kryptik.BDX Using System Restore Process
- PC need to be rebooted to Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- As soon as Command Prompt Window appear on the screen, select on cd restore and press on Enter option
Type rstrui.exe and Click on Enter again.
Now users need to Click on Next option and Choose restore point that was the last time Windows was working fine prior to JS/Kryptik.BDX infection. Once done, Click on Next button.
Select Yes to Restore your System and get rid of JS/Kryptik.BDX infection.
However, if the above steps does not work to remove JS/Kryptik.BDX, follow the below mentioned steps
Step:3 Unhide All Hidden Files and Folders to Delete JS/Kryptik.BDX
How to View JS/Kryptik.BDX Hidden Folders on Windows XP
- In order to show the hidden files and folders, you need to follow the given instructions:-
- Close all the Windows or minimize the opened application to go to desktop.
- Open “My Computer” by double-clicking on its icon.
- Click on Tools menu and select Folder options.
- Click on the View tab from the new Window.
- Check the Display contents of the system folders options.
- In the Hidden files and folders section, you need to put a check mark on Show hidden files and folders option.
- Click on Apply and then OK button. Now, close the Window.
- Now, you can see all the JS/Kryptik.BDX related hidden files and folders on the system.
How to Access JS/Kryptik.BDX Hidden folders on Windows Vista
- Minimize or close all opened tabs and go to Desktop.
- Go to the lower left of your screen, you will see Windows logo there, click on Start button.
- Go to Control Panel menu and click on it.
- After Control Panel got opened, there will two options, either “Classic View” or “Control Panel Home View”.
- Do the following when you are in “Classic View”.
- Double click on the icon and open Folder Options.
- Choose View tab.
- Again move to step 5.
- Do the following if you are “Control Panel Home View”.
- Hit button on Appearance and Personalization link.
- Chose Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Under the Hidden File or Folder section, click on the button which is right next to the Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Click on Apply button and then hit OK. Now, close the window.
- Now, to show you all hidden files or folders created by JS/Kryptik.BDX, you have successfully considered Windows Vista.
How to Unhide JS/Kryptik.BDX Created Folders on Windows 7
1. Go to the desktop and tap on the small rectangle which is located in the lower-right part of the system screen.
2. Now, just open the “Start” menu by clicking on the Windows start button which is located in the lower-left side of the PC screen that carries the windows logo.
3. Then after, look for the “Control Panel” menu option in the right-most row and open it.
4. When the Control Panel menu opens, then look for the “Folder Options” link.
5. Tap over the “View tab”.
6. Under the “Advanced Settings” category, double click on the “Hidden Files or Folders” associated with JS/Kryptik.BDX.
7. Next, just select the check-box in order to Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
8. After this, click on “Apply” >> “OK” and then close the menu.
9. Now, the Windows 7 should be configured to show you all hidden files, folders or drives.
Steps to Unhide JS/Kryptik.BDX related Files and Folders on Windows 8
- First of all, power on your Windows PC and click on start logo button that is found in left side of the system screen.
- Now, move to program lists and select control panel app.
- When Control panel is open completely, click on more settings option.
- After, you will see a Control panel Window and then you choose “Appearance and Personalization” tab.
- In Advance settings dialogue box, you need to tick mark on Show hidden files and folders and clear the check box for Hide protected system files.
- Click on Apply and Ok button. This apply option helps you to detect and eradicate all types of JS/Kryptik.BDX related suspicious files.
- Finally, navigate your mouse cursor on close option to exit this panel.
How to View JS/Kryptik.BDX associated folders on Windows 10
1. Open the folder if you wish to unhide files.
2. Search and Click on View in Menu bar
3. In Menu click on to view folder options.
4. Again click on View and Enable Radio Button associated with Show hidden files created by JS/Kryptik.BDX, folder and drive.
5. Press apply and OK.
Step 4: Press Start Key along with R- copy + paste the below stated command and Click on OK
- This will open up a new file, in case if your system has been hacked, some IP’s will be shown at the bottom of the screen
Click on the Start Menu, Input “Control Panel” in the search box —> Select. Network and Internet —> Network and Sharing Center —> Next Change Adapter Settings. Right-click your Internet connection —> Select on Properties.
- In case if you find Suspicious IP in the local host –or if you are finding it difficult and have any problem then submit question to us and we will be happy to help you.