If you are an Android user then there is a bad news for you. Yes, you heard right. Recently, a new malware named Agent Smith Malware has been surfaced on Internet and targets wide range of Android phone. Since, like other malicious malware, it is also disastrous for your Android device, so the deletion of Agent Smith Malware is essential. To get rid of this malware from your Android device, keep reading this expert's solution till the end.
Facts You Must Know About Agent Smith Malware
Agent Smith Malware is one of the most disastrous member of Android malware that has compromise about 25 Million Android device across the Globe. In India, it affects 15 Million Android users. These days, it has been surfaced on Internet rapidly which seems as a reference to character in 90's classic franchise named The Matrix. Such a malware often disguises itself as trusted or official Google related application and after that it conducts lots of action to exploit the well known vulnerabilities of Android and replaces almost all installed application with the malicious version without seeking for user's interaction or knowledge. There are lots of notorious actions are conducted by this malware which as a result it doesn't only ruin Android OS but also endangers the privacy of users. So, the removal of Agent Smith Malware is highly essential.
Distribution Tendencies of Agent Smith Malware
Agent Smith Malware is another disastrous Android malware that is too much invasive and intrusive in nature. It follows various propagation method to get enters inside the Android devices but it's developer mainly spread it via third-party sites that host the fake or untrusted version of the most popular Android applications. The creators of this malware often managed themselves to bypass security checks on official Google Play Store and get the contaminated application. In short, there are hundreds of distribution sources of Agent Smith Malware but mainly spreads via Internet. This is why, expert's always recommended system user to surf web normally and perform the online operation.
Notorious Actions Conducted By Agent Smith Malware On Targeted Devices
- Bombards victims with endless advertisement or third-party link.
- Hijacks user's application and prevent them from accessing.
- Opens backdoor for the intrusion of another malicious malware.
- Highly consumes overall usage and memory space of PC.
- Disables almost all installed security measures and firewall settings.
- Creates several files on desktop screen and many more.
Steps to Remove Agent Smith Malware
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Agent Smith Malware
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Agent Smith Malware
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Agent Smith Malware and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Agent Smith Malware
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Agent Smith Malware and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Agent Smith Malware. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Agent Smith Malware related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Agent Smith Malware, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Agent Smith Malware Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Agent Smith Malware Running Processes.
- Right Click on Agent Smith Malware and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Agent Smith Malware Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Agent Smith Malware and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Agent Smith Malware Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Agent Smith Malware, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!