|Warning, many anti-virus scanner have detected WannaCash 2.0 Ransomware as threat to your computer|
|WannaCash 2.0 Ransomware is flagged by these Anti Virus Scanner|
|Anti Virus Software||Version||Detection|
|CrowdStrike Falcon (ML)||6.2.614503||Trj.Win64.WannaCash 2.0 Ransomware.CB|
|StopBadware||3.117149||Variant of Win64/Trojan.WannaCash 2.0 Ransomware.A|
|Suggestion: Uninstall WannaCash 2.0 Ransomware Completely – Free Download|
WannaCash 2.0 Ransomware may have entered your pc through these software. If you have not installed them , then get rid of them 4Videosoft DVD Converter Pack SE , ExtFS 9.5.226 , BreakQuest 1.0.3 , CSS Reference 1.0 , JotNot Scanner Pro 2.4.1 , Web Sudoku Deluxe 1.2.2 , Qilan 3.2 , Computer Admin Lite 3.72 , Tab Launcher v2 3 , Frame Lite 1.5 , Aobo Keylogger Standard 4.0.3S
Detailed Threat Analysis Of WannaCash 2.0 Ransomware
WannaCash 2.0 Ransomware is a recently reported malware that has file encrypting capabilities and hence has been classified as a ransomware. The ransomware was reported by cyber security researchers and has been identified to be using open source codes to target users and encrypt several kinds of files using strong and secure encryption algorithms. The main motive behind such attack is to make the files available with the users as unrecognizable by the existing operating system. Since the files get encrypted and their extension changes the files cannot be used by the users as before. The ransomware then leaves a ransom note behind that is to serve instructions to the users and inform them about the attack. WannaCash 2.0 Ransomware leaves the instruction in a text file that gives the contact details as it doesn’t specify the ransom amount. Users are assumed to be left with no other choice but to contact and pay ransom. However such affected users should know that black-hat hackers are not known to hold to their promise and the contact can be used as an opportunity to harm the system by sending malware hidden as a decryption key. Cyber-criminals are known to simply ignore affected users once they have obtained a ransom amount. Therefore it would be wise not to contact these threat actors under any circumstance.
WannaCash 2.0 Ransomware has been observed to be using deceiving methods to spread itself. It can be installed within the system from software bundles that are typically obtained from sites hosting freeware. These bundles generally carry infected payload hidden within legitimate file formats and hence can not be easily detected by users while installing them. Users may also obtain spam messages that carry the ransomware payload which are embedded as macros within the documents that are attached within these spam mails. These messages are crafted with urgent and alarming subject lines meant to catch users attention. The text carries names of reputed firms and brands that make them appear as legitimate. Hence users can unknowingly install WannaCash 2.0 Ransomware by enabling the infectious scripts while reading such documents.
WannaCash 2.0 Ransomware immediately drops its payload within several of system’s directories and makes modifications within the registry sub-keys. It encrypts the files with AES and RSA algorithms and adds an extension to the files. The ransom note can be found within the system, which asks users to contact at emails mentioned in the note. However, users can remove the WannaCash 2.0 Ransomware by following these steps.
How To Remove WannaCash 2.0 Ransomware From Your PC
Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
- Now your computer will get started in Safe Mode with Networking.
End WannaCash 2.0 Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard.
- Task manager Windows will get opened on your computer screen.
- Go to Precess tab, find the WannaCash 2.0 Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Uninstall WannaCash 2.0 Ransomware From Windows 7 Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all WannaCash 2.0 Ransomware related items from list.
Uninstall WannaCash 2.0 Ransomware From Windows 8 Control Panel
- On right edge of screen, Click on Search button and type “Control Panel”.
- Now choose the Uninstall a Program option from Programs category.
- Find and delete WannaCash 2.0 Ransomware related items from the programs list.
Delete WannaCash 2.0 Ransomware From Windows 10 Control Panel
- Click on Start button and search Control Panel from Search Box.
- Got to Programs and select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Select and Remove all WannaCash 2.0 Ransomware related programs.
Remove WannaCash 2.0 Ransomware Related Registry Entries
- Press Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Select and remove all WannaCash 2.0 Ransomware related entries.
Remove WannaCash 2.0 Ransomware Infection From msconfig
- Open Run Box by pressing Windows+R buttons together.
- Now type “msconfig” in the Run Box and press Enter.
- Open Startup tab and uncheck all entries from unknown manufacturer.
Hope the above process has helped you in removing the WannaCash 2.0 Ransomware virus completely from your computer. If you still have this nasty ransomware left in your PC then you should opt for a malware removal tool. It is the most easy way to remove this harmful computer virus from your computer. Download the Free WannaCash 2.0 Ransomware Scanner on your system and scan your computer. It can easily find and remove this pesky ransomware threat from your PC.
If you have any questions regarding the removal of this virus then you can ask your question from your PC security experts. They will feel happy to solve your problem.