All About Driver Update virus
Driver Update virus is another term listed under the potentially unwanted program category. However, this term is used by cyber criminals to identify the Windows OS utility program. It is actually advertised itself on user PC as a cost-free download that claims to allow it’s users to scan their PC for the driver errors and updates. This program is really advertised and promoted as a trustworthy one that promises user to detect and complete all required updates on PC. But Driver Update virus has been reported by security experts for displaying the misleading scan result and tricking them into buy the licensed version of Driver Update application.
Threat Profile of Driver Update virus
- Name – Driver Update virus
- Type – Fake System Tool
- Category – Potentially Unwanted Program
- Developed By – Slimware
- Risk Level –
- Similar To – Simple Driver Updater, 1Click System Mechanic, Smart PC Tweaker etc.
- Targeted PCs – All version of Windows OS
- Hijacked Browsers – Chrome, IE, Firefox, Opera, Edge etc.
- Deletion – Possible, to uninstall Driver Update virus easily & completely, make use of Windows Scanner Tool.
Should You Purchase The Licensed Version of Driver Update?
Driver Update is really promoted as trusted one but purchasing of it’s licensed version is not recommended because it displays fake scan result and only boost the sales of program. This is why, you should never purchase it’s licensed version. Instead of offering any beneficial feature to users, it delivers excessive amount of the online advertisement, hijacks all browser, throws fake software updater message, misleads users by redirecting them to shady places and much more. So, if you really don’t want to encounter with serious issues then you must think about Driver Update virus removal immediately after getting it’s any harmful symptom.
Main Source of Driver Update virus Distribution
Driver Update virus often enters inside the PC as a trusted and useful application which is available for downloading on it’s official site from where users can easily download and install it. However, it’s developer often continues distributing it’s payload with shareware or freeware package as an additional download or component. Opting of Recommended/Standard setting option while installing any package means you give the indirect permission to hackers to install Driver Update virus. So, expert’s always advised users to be cautious and always choose Advanced/Custom installation option. Through this way, users can avoid their PC against Driver Update virus or other potentially unwanted program.
Click to Free Scan for Driver Update virus on PC
How to Uninstall Driver Update virus from Compromised System
Step:1 First of all, Reboot your PC in Safe Mode to make it safe from Driver Update virus
(this Guide illustrates how to restart Windows in Safe Mode in all versions.)
Step:2 Now you need to View all Hidden Files and Folders that exist on different drives
Step:3 Uninstall Driver Update virus from Control Panel
- Press Start Key + R together and Type appwiz.cpl
- Now Press on OK
- This will Open the Control Panel. Now look for Driver Update virus or any other Suspicious program
- once found, Uninstall Driver Update virus ASAP
Step:4 How to Remove Driver Update virus from Startup Items
- To Go to Startup Area, Click on Start Key + R
- Type msconfig in the search area and click on Enter. A window will pop-out
- In the Startup area, look for any suspicious Driver Update virus entries or that are from Unknown Manufacturers
- (This is an important step and users are advised to monitor all items carefully over here before proceeding further.)
Step:5 How to Remove Driver Update virus from Localhost Files
- Click on Start Key + R in Combination. Copy and Paste to Open hosts File
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts
- Soon, you will get a list of suspicious IP’s in the bottom of the screen
- this is quite helpful in knowing if your browser has been hacked
Steps 6: How to Remove Driver Update virus and Block Pop-ups on Browsers
How to Remove Driver Update virus from IE
Open IE and Click on Tools. Now Select Manage add-ons
In the pane, under Toolbars and Extensions, Choose the Driver Update virus extensions which is to be deleted
- Now Click on Remove or Disable Option.
- Press Tool button and Select Internet Option
- This will lead you to the Tab, now Select Privacy Tab, Turn on Pop-up blocker by clicking on it.
How to Uninstall Driver Update virus from Google Chrome
- Google Chrome is to be Opened
- Now Click on menu present at the top right corner
- Choose Tools >> Extensions
- Select Driver Update virus related Extensions and now Click on Trash icon to remove Driver Update virus
- Under Advanced Settings Option, Enable Do not allow any Site to Show pop-ups. Click on Ok to apply it.
How to Block Driver Update virus on Mozilla FF
- Select and Open Mozilla FF, Select Driver Update virus or other Add-ons by clicking on Menu button
- In the Add-ons Manager, Select the extension related to Driver Update virus.
- Now Click on Remove to delete Driver Update virus permanently
- Also Select and Check mark “Block Pop-up Windows” under po-ups in the Content Tab
How to Get Rid of Driver Update virus on Edge on Win 10
- First of all Open MS Edge and Click on “More actions(…)” link
- Now Select and Click on Settings In Menu under “More Actions”
- Under Settings, screen click on View Advanced Settings button
- In Advanced Settings, turn on Block pop-ups by toggling button to ON
Following the above Manual Steps will be effective in blocking Driver Update virus. However, if you are unable to accomplish these steps, click the button given below to scan your PC
Don’t forget to given your feedback or submit any question if you have any doubt regarding Driver Update virus or its removal process
Know How To Uninstall Driver Update virus In Other Language