Research Report on Rakhni ransomware
Rakhni ransomware is a dangerous cyber infection that can work as a destructive Trojan virus as well. This time, the cyber criminals has produced the malware with a completely different features, since it has been identified from year 2013. It has the ability to encode the files saved on victim's machine. In addition to that, the malware can also mine digital currency from the affected systems. The ability of choosing either file-encryption process on compromised machine or mine cryptocurrency makes the virus even more nasty. However, the Rakhni ransomware is especially designed by the cyber extortionists to attack the corporate users.
If it encrypts the specific file types stored on your system, it will add '.excuses' extension to every enciphered files and makes them inaccessible for the infected users. Once it successfully encrypts the data stored on victim's computer, the malware displays a ransom note that can be identified as 'MESSAGE.txt' in each folder containing encoded data. According to the security investigators, the Rakhni ransomware has attacked the computer users located in Germany, India, Russia and Ukraine. What's more, it can also place the same ransom message on infected system's desktop as well.
Working Principles of Rakhni ransomware
This ransom note consists all information about the file-encryption process and what victimized users needs to do for decrypting their important files. In case, if the affected computer does not have any files or folders related to Bitcoin on their device, the Rakhni ransomware starts mining the cryptocurrency. As a result, the performance of victim's machine will degrades completely and makes it quite difficult for the victimized users to operate their PC normally after starting Bitcoin mining process. Hence, the threat is very dangerous in every point of view because it can encrypt the important data and mine cryptocurrency that significantly diminishes the working performance of your system.
How To Deal with Rakhni ransomware Virus?
Right after infiltrating the targeted Windows systems, the Rakhni ransomware displays an error message onto the contaminated systems. The main objective of displayed error notification is to grab user's attention while the malware disables the installed anti-virus program and other security tool to prevent its detection and removal before encoding the targeted data or mining cryptocurrency. Additionally, it can install some malicious pieces of application on your system as well. It has the ability to infect another machines in the same network or install a Bitcoin miner to gain profits illegally. Therefore, you should remove Rakhni ransomware as early as possible before it starts additional harmful activities onto the system.
How To Remove Rakhni ransomware From Your PC
Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
- Now your computer will get started in Safe Mode with Networking.
End Rakhni ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard.
- Task manager Windows will get opened on your computer screen.
- Go to Precess tab, find the Rakhni ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Uninstall Rakhni ransomware From Windows 7 Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all Rakhni ransomware related items from list.
Uninstall Rakhni ransomware From Windows 8 Control Panel
- On right edge of screen, Click on Search button and type “Control Panel”.
- Now choose the Uninstall a Program option from Programs category.
- Find and delete Rakhni ransomware related items from the programs list.
Delete Rakhni ransomware From Windows 10 Control Panel
- Click on Start button and search Control Panel from Search Box.
- Got to Programs and select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Select and Remove all Rakhni ransomware related programs.
Remove Rakhni ransomware Related Registry Entries
- Press Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Select and remove all Rakhni ransomware related entries.
Remove Rakhni ransomware Infection From msconfig
- Open Run Box by pressing Windows+R buttons together.
- Now type “msconfig” in the Run Box and press Enter.
- Open Startup tab and uncheck all entries from unknown manufacturer.
Hope the above process has helped you in removing the Rakhni ransomware virus completely from your computer. If you still have this nasty ransomware left in your PC then you should opt for a malware removal tool. It is the most easy way to remove this harmful computer virus from your computer. Download the Free Rakhni ransomware Scanner on your system and scan your computer. It can easily find and remove this pesky ransomware threat from your PC.
If you have any questions regarding the removal of this virus then you can ask your question from your PC security experts. They will feel happy to solve your problem.