Is your stored files locked with .xtbl extension? Are you unable to access your crucial files and too much worried? Is it ask you to pay ransom fee to decrypt files? If your answer is affirmative for all the above queries then it is clear that your Windows PC is infected with XTBL Ransomware. Well, no need to be worried because the removal of XTBL Ransomware and file decryption is possible using an appropriate guide which is described at the end of this post. Go through with this expert solution completely.
What do you know about XTBL Ransomware?
As a System user, we all are familiar with the ransomware attack that infect wide range of Windows machine. Recently, a new variant of ransomware named XTBL Ransomware has been added in this category. It is crafted by its creators in such a way that it can easily compromise System executing on Windows based Operating System including Windows Vista, Server, XP, Me, NT, 7, 8/8.1 and the latest version Windows 10. Likewise other traditional ransomware, XTBL Ransomware also enters inside the machine silently after that immediately start to conduct malicious actions.
What are the common sources of XTBL Ransomware attack?
- Spam campaigns or junk mail attachments
- Pirated or cracked software
- Bundling method
- Exploit kits, infected devices, exploit kits and much more.
How does XTBL Ransomware harm Windows machine?
XTBL Ransomware is designed to infiltrate inside the machine silently and after that lock users all stored files by adding ".xtbl" file extension. It locks users all stored files and after that makes them inaccessible. Once locking files and making them inaccessible, it generates a ransom note entitled as "IF YOU WANT TO GET ALL YOUR FILES BACK PLEASE READ THIS.TXT" and place this ransom note copy in each existing folder and directory which includes ransom demanded messages.
Is Paying Money Necessary to XTBL Ransomware Developers?
It is one of the personal question because each System users have their own priority. The ransom note of XTBL Ransomware is too much identical with the ransom note presented by the Scarab Ransomware. Therefore, many System users are assumed that XTBL Ransomware is an updated variant of Scarab Ransomware. The ransom note states victims that their files are decrypted and they must pay ransom fee to decrypt files. The size of the ransom fee may varies between $500-$1500. But team of security experts are strictly warned victims that they should not pay ransom fee under any situation. To decrypt files locked by XTBL Ransomware, backup is an appropriate solution but to keep all valuable safe, System users must get rid of XTBL Ransomware from their PC.
How To Remove XTBL Ransomware From Your PC
Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
- Now your computer will get started in Safe Mode with Networking.
End XTBL Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard.
- Task manager Windows will get opened on your computer screen.
- Go to Precess tab, find the XTBL Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Uninstall XTBL Ransomware From Windows 7 Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all XTBL Ransomware related items from list.
Uninstall XTBL Ransomware From Windows 8 Control Panel
- On right edge of screen, Click on Search button and type “Control Panel”.
- Now choose the Uninstall a Program option from Programs category.
- Find and delete XTBL Ransomware related items from the programs list.
Delete XTBL Ransomware From Windows 10 Control Panel
- Click on Start button and search Control Panel from Search Box.
- Got to Programs and select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Select and Remove all XTBL Ransomware related programs.
Remove XTBL Ransomware Related Registry Entries
- Press Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Select and remove all XTBL Ransomware related entries.
Remove XTBL Ransomware Infection From msconfig
- Open Run Box by pressing Windows+R buttons together.
- Now type “msconfig” in the Run Box and press Enter.
- Open Startup tab and uncheck all entries from unknown manufacturer.
Hope the above process has helped you in removing the XTBL Ransomware virus completely from your computer. If you still have this nasty ransomware left in your PC then you should opt for a malware removal tool. It is the most easy way to remove this harmful computer virus from your computer. Download the Free XTBL Ransomware Scanner on your system and scan your computer. It can easily find and remove this pesky ransomware threat from your PC.
If you have any questions regarding the removal of this virus then you can ask your question from your PC security experts. They will feel happy to solve your problem.