All You Need To Know About StalinLocker Wiper
StalinLocker Wiper is a kind of malicious program which is also known as StalinLocker Ransomware and StalinScreamer Screen Locker virus. This threat was reported by the cyber security professionals in the second last week of May 2018. According to the latest investigation report, this malware is still under development phase when it was identified in the virtual cyber security community. However, the threat has the symptoms that generally belongs to the data wiper virus and screen locker ransomware. In most of the cases, it invades the user's machine with the help of malicious spam email campaigns and some fake update installers related to the browser's plug-ins like Java and Adobe Flash. Although, StalinLocker Wiper is categorized as one of the most dangerous cyber infection because it is specifically programmed by the criminal hackers to wipe data stored on victim's machine securely when the victimized users failed to enter the right key inside the box shown on its screen-locker window.
Furthermore, in order to cover the infected system's screen with a program window, the StalinLocker Wiper loads 'C:\Users\\AppData\Local\stalin.exe' onto the victim's computer. The name of this malware is based on the screen lock window that features a photoshopped image of Josef Stalin, right after he is appointed as the acting political leader and also the military leader of the USSR (Soviet Union). In addition to that, it also plays an MP3 audio file from 'C:\Users\\AppData\Local\USSR_Anthem.mp3'. What's more, the threat gives a chance to the victimized computer users to disable the screen lock by just entering a code within 660 seconds (11 minutes). According to the malware researchers, the code required for disabling StalinLocker Wiper screen is a sequence of numbers. However, the correct sequence of unlock code can be determined by subtracting a number 1922.12.30 from the current date.
Consequences Related with StalinLocker Wiper
Here, it is important for you to understand that December 30th, 1922 is date of the establishment of USSR which takes place right after the revolution took over Russia. In case, if the victimized users fail to enter the right discarm code inside the box shown of the program window of StalinLocker Wiper, the malware delete all the data from the local drive of compromised PCs. Additionally, it can terminate the process known as exoplorer.exe and taskmgr.exe when it gets loaded on the affected system's desktop. Interestingly, the hackers won't demand ransom fee from the victim's of this ransomware. However, you can restore those data using backup copies after removing StalinLocker Wiper virus by employing a reliable anti-malware scanner.
Files Related To StalinLocker Wiper Detected As:
Remove StalinLocker Wiper From Your PC
Step 1: Remove StalinLocker Wiper in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove StalinLocker Wiper using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To StalinLocker Wiper
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find StalinLocker Wiper related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove StalinLocker Wiper Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove StalinLocker Wiper related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the StalinLocker Wiper virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the StalinLocker Wiper infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.