|Found in:||Third week of April 2018|
|Short description:||It is a nasty ransomware virus which make user victim and demand ransom.|
|Distribution method:||Spam email, Bundling technique|
|Algorithm used:||RSA and AES ciphers|
|Detection:||If Apophis Ransomware found check it with free scan download|
Apophis Ransomware description
The Apophis Ransomware is an encryption trojan which is created in the third week of April 2018. the security analysts have reported that it is the customized variant of Jigsaw Ransomware. The Apophis Ransomware encrypt the files like, office documents, downloaded e-books, movies, music, personal notes and etc. This ransomware uses the RSA and AES algorithm to lock data and make it unreadable. It exports the decryption key to the command and control servers. It modify the file with '.fun' extension. It also generate the ransom message with file called as 'msiexec.exe'. It deleted the shadow volume snapshots and system restore points on the infected computer.
How does Apophis Ransomware invade the system?
Now a days the bundling technique is very active for penetrating the viruses. The users mainly download the free software and they give the pathway to inject this Apophis Ransomware virus. Without reading the terms and conditions, installing the software may leads to the heavy problems to your computer. Also when the user click on the suspicious link this virus get active to invade the system. This method is fully originated with the malign code. The spam attachments, low quality websites, peer to peer network file transfer, etc. are also major reason for the penetration of this viruses.
What are the nasty techniques used by hackers to make you victim?
The hackers used the tricky method to collect amount. They drop the ransom note which have malicious content. They actually warn you through the message. The desktop background get changed and the ransom message when displayed, the user become victim because there is a demand of ransom amount in the message. They give you threatening that if you will not pay the amount, your file will get deleted forever. You will be afraid here after seeing this type of content. But, don't get fear because it is only the trick to cheat you. They will say to pay the ransom amount if you want the decryption key. Don't pay the amount. You are not going to get any decryption key by them. You will be make fool by the cyber criminals. Your all data get locked and it has no chance to unlock it. The only method is to keep data backup in your other hard drive. If you want to completely remove this Apophis Ransomware, follow the instruction given below.
What about the data recovery process:
Apophis Ransomware uses the shadow volume snapshots and system restore points so, it is impossible to recover the data permanently.
How To Remove Apophis Ransomware From Your PC
Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
- Now your computer will get started in Safe Mode with Networking.
End Apophis Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard.
- Task manager Windows will get opened on your computer screen.
- Go to Precess tab, find the Apophis Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Uninstall Apophis Ransomware From Windows 7 Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all Apophis Ransomware related items from list.
Uninstall Apophis Ransomware From Windows 8 Control Panel
- On right edge of screen, Click on Search button and type “Control Panel”.
- Now choose the Uninstall a Program option from Programs category.
- Find and delete Apophis Ransomware related items from the programs list.
Delete Apophis Ransomware From Windows 10 Control Panel
- Click on Start button and search Control Panel from Search Box.
- Got to Programs and select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Select and Remove all Apophis Ransomware related programs.
Remove Apophis Ransomware Related Registry Entries
- Press Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Select and remove all Apophis Ransomware related entries.
Remove Apophis Ransomware Infection From msconfig
- Open Run Box by pressing Windows+R buttons together.
- Now type “msconfig” in the Run Box and press Enter.
- Open Startup tab and uncheck all entries from unknown manufacturer.
Hope the above process has helped you in removing the Apophis Ransomware virus completely from your computer. If you still have this nasty ransomware left in your PC then you should opt for a malware removal tool. It is the most easy way to remove this harmful computer virus from your computer. Download the Free Apophis Ransomware Scanner on your system and scan your computer. It can easily find and remove this pesky ransomware threat from your PC.
If you have any questions regarding the removal of this virus then you can ask your question from your PC security experts. They will feel happy to solve your problem.