What Is RewyWare Ransomware Virus
RewyWare Ransomware virus is a type of malicious software which encrypts or we can say locks all the files that are present on the computer. It firstly encrypts all the files and demands money in the form of bitcoins that you have to pay in order to get your files back. Whenever any system gets infected, a pop up window appears, that says us to pay some money in order to retrieve the infected data within three days, with a countdown timer on the left side of the system window. It warns that if you fail to pay within that time, the fee will be doubled, and if you don’t pay within seven days, you will lose the files forever and Payment is accepted only with Bitcoin. Ransomware attacks have emerged as a major threat to individuals and businesses both. When this RewyWare Ransomware virus attacks, it encrypts and lock up the victim’s System files and hence provide chance for the criminals or hackers to demand for the payment in order to release the files and data. RewyWare Ransomware virus affects Windows operating system. Thus it can cause a huge destruction to the files if not handled properly.
How RewyWare Ransomware Spreads
RewyWare Ransomware virus spreads easily whenever it encounters any outdated software. So if our system has outdated software it can spread in an easy way. It can also spread through spam mails actually the most conman method by which RewyWare Ransomware spreads. Another method can be by the help of software kit known as an exploit kit. In this process hackers install codes on the desired websites that redirects computer users to a malicious site .There are some different types of malware that can even lock or encrypt the entire system without any warning and can demand for the money,and also can open a batch of pop-ups and these pop-ups will not close in any case and thus it can stop our important works.
The Countries That Are Affected By RewyWare Ransomware
It was first reported from Sweden and France,but it was worst hit in Russia and Taiwan. Over 75000,Systems has been affected by RewyWare Ransomware virus.
How To Prevent RewyWare Ransomware Virus
The best way to prevent the Ransomware virus is to create regular backups of files. This Malware only affects the files that reside on the system .If we create a full backup of the data and the files then we can easily retrieve those data and files even after the RewyWare Ransomware virus attacks the system just have to reboot the system and then restore the system.
A: How To Remove RewyWare Ransomware From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill RewyWare Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the RewyWare Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall RewyWare Ransomware From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all RewyWare Ransomware related items from list.
B: How to Restore RewyWare Ransomware Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing RewyWare Ransomware from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing RewyWare Ransomware from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by RewyWare Ransomware with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.