|Short Explanation:||The Tron Ransomware is a malware which encrypts data with .Tron.|
|Symptoms:||Victims find that their files are locked with the extension “.Tron”.|
|Distribution method:||File sharing network, exploit kits, spam email|
|Detection:||Get free scan download if system has been affected by the Tron Ransomware|
What is Tron Ransomware?
Tron Ransomware is an encryption Trojan which has discovered in the 3rd week of April 2018. the security researchers have analyzed that it has aimed English speaking users. The programmed was coded in Kazakhstan. It has programmed to watch the victim's location via connecting the Geo IP localization services. It avoid to run on the Russian keyboard layout which has installed on machine.
Tron Ransomware, Horros Ransomware and [email protected] Ransomware are all the crypto-threat variants. The Tron Ransomware write the file which is known as 'Tron.exe' in the Windows temp folder and load inside the computer's memory. It encrypt the data like, photos, music, video, text, database and ebooks.
How does Tron Ransomware invade the computer?
When user open fake invoices and deceptive order delivery reports from online medium, this ransomware get installed into the computer. The techniques by which Tron Ransomware get enters are as follows:
- Clicking on unknown links
- Visiting low quality websites
- Packaged with free software
- Spam email attachments
These all are the causes due to which Tron Ransomware enters into your computer. If you are downloading the free software, you should use the custom or advance option. This will help you to discard the installation if there is no use to install freeware.
Tron Ransomware malicious techniques to give threatening to victims
Tron Ransomware is very dangerous. It encrypt your files such that you can't get opened it. If you will try open your file, you will be failed. You need the decryption key to unlock your important files. The ransom note has been dropped by the hackers to give you warning. Your desktop background get also changed. They ask you to pay the ransom around 0.05 Bitcoin (≈403 USD/327 EUR). They give you deadline and warn you to pay this amount. If you will be fail to pay this ransom amount they told you that your file be deleted permanently. This is very scaring moment for the victim which is used by the hackers. Actually you are not going to get any decryption key to unlock your important files. This is only the technique of the cyber criminals who want to give you threatening. They only wants to make money from your side. So, please don't pay any amount to them. If you want to get solution to remove Tron Ransomware quickly from your computer, read the article carefully here.
Remove Tron Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove Tron Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove Tron Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To Tron Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find Tron Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove Tron Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove Tron Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the Tron Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the Tron Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.