This post highlights an easy and effective step by step instruction to rest Safari browser. The described procedure will fix Safari related errors and allow you to surf Safari easily. So, you must continue to read this guide to learn how to reset Safari easily and completely.
Get Familiar With Safari Browser
Safari is one of the most widely used and popular browser among Mac OS X. This browser works excellently in the Apple machine because it is featured with various excellence features. It has not only featured with stability but has also energy efficient and too much faster. In short, it takes too much system resources while executing of services. Despite of having several excellence features, sometimes it might possible that your Safari browser may start to hang, crash or redirect you to the dubious or unwanted site. At that time, user’s must opt an effective instruction to reset Safari browser.
Working Instructions To Reset Safari Browser On Mac
Method 1 : Clear The Cache of Safari
- Start your Safari browser.
- Click on menu of Safari >> Preferences >> Advanced tab.
- Now, Advanced window will be displayed on your screen.
- At the bottom of Advanced window, click on the checkbox of ‘Show Develop menu in menu bar’.
- Move your mouse to click on Develop menu and then after select Empty caches.
Method 2 : Clear The History of Safari Browser
- At first, launch your Safari browser.
- Click on Safari menu and select option of Clear History.
- After that you have to click menu next to clear and select your preferable time period.
- Lastly, click on button of Clear History.
Method 3 : Delete Dubious Safari Extension
- Start Safari >> click on Menu >> select Preferences.
- On next, click on Extension tab.
- Now, a window will be displayed on your screen in which list of all installed applications will be displayed.
- Click on dubious extension and press on Uninstall button.
Method 4 : Delete Plug-ins From Safari & Clear Library Files
- In Finder, open Go menu and select Library.
- Open folder of Internet Plug-Ins and Input Methods one by one and delete almost everything stored in it.
- Again click on Go menu and choose option of ‘Go to Folder’.
- To open or launch system library, enter /Library.
- Open Input Method, ScriptingAdditions and InputManagers folder and delete everything.
- Launch the folder of Internet Plug-Ins and delete everything except nslQTScriptablePlugin.xpt, QuickTime Plugin.plugin, Default Browser.plugin and Quartz Composer.webplugin.
Method 5 : Reset Your Safari Browser Easily
- Launch Safari browser on your Mac OS.
- Click on Safari which is usually located at top left of screen.
- From the drop-down menu, choose option of Reset Safari.
- If a confirmation pop-up window will be displayed on your screen then you have to click on Reset button.