Get Detailed Information on Bitlord
Bitlord is a kind of potentially unwanted program which promises to help system users into downloading torrent files easily onto their machine. It causes number of issues onto the web browsers installed into the affected computers. However, this toolbar is often classified incorrectly as a vicious computer virus, despite the fact is that it is a kind of adware infection which is potentially threatening, but not a malicious program similar to nasty viruses. It may be installed onto the targeted machine with the help of compromised executable file which is a Trojan or even considered as a Trojan downloader. Hence, the boundary between the nasty threats and potentially unwanted programs like Bitlord is often not entirely clear. The toolbar may be installed onto the web browsers that have been installed on any affected Windows operating system, including Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Chrome.
Bitlord Displays Numerous Pop-ups and Annoying Ads
Once it gets installed on your machine, it may make plenty of unwanted changes onto the affected Internet browser's settings in a way that the system user may be infected with number of issues linked to Bitlord threat. Cyber security analysts have noted that this adware program causes the appearance of excessive amount of pop-up adverts which may interrupt your online browsing activities and prevent you from using the infected web browsers normally. It may also cause unwanted browser redirects to plenty of dubious websites, and force you to visit web portals linked to this PUP. The threat also has the spyware capabilities, spying on your online activities and collecting information about the affected PC and also your online browsing history and other conducts. Although, the data gathered by Bitlord may be sold to the third parties in order to get benefited illegally. Security analysts have also noticed that the toolbar may cause performance related problems onto the infected machine by leading them to slow down, freeze or even crash frequently.
Why You Should Delete Bitlord From Your PC at Once?
There are lots of reason why you should eliminate this potentially undesired application immediately from your PC. Some of them are mentioned below:
- It may alter the default web browser's settings.
- Invade other adware or PUPs onto your machine.
- Bitlord may degrades your computer performance
- Display countless adverts onto your system's screen.
- Clicking on displayed ads lead you to unreliable web pages.
Step:1 Remove Bitlord or any Suspicious Program from Control Panel resulting in Pop-ups
- Click on Start and in Menu, Select Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, Search for Bitlord or any suspicious program
- Once found, Click to Uninstall Bitlord or related program from list of Programs
- However, if you are not sure do not Uninstall it as this will remove it permanently from the system.
Step:2 How to Reset Google Chrome to Remove Bitlord
- Open Google Chrome browser on your PC
- On the top right corner of the browser you will see 3 stripes option, click on it.
- After that click on Settings from the list of menus available on chrome’s panel.
- At the end of the page, a button is available with option to “Reset settings”.
- Click on the button and get rid of Bitlord from your Google Chrome.
How to Reset Mozilla Firefox to Uninstall Bitlord
- Open Mozilla Firefox web browser and click on the options icon with 3 stripes sign and also click on help option with (?) mark.
- Now click on “Troubleshooting Information” from the given list.
- Within the upper right corner of the next window you can find “Refresh Firefox” button, click on it.
- To reset your Mozilla Firefox browser simply click on “Refresh Firefox” button again, after which all unwanted changes made by Bitlord will be removed automatically.
Steps to Reset Internet Explorer to Get Rid of Bitlord
- You need to close all Internet Explorer windows which are currently working or open.
- Now open Internet Explorer again and click on Tools button, with wrench icon.
- Go to the menu and click on Internet Options.
- A dialogue box will appear, then click on Advanced tab on it.
- Saying Reset Internet Explorer Settings, click on Reset again.
- When IE applied the default settings then, click on Close. And then click OK.
Restart the PC is a must for taking effect on all the changes you have made.
Step:3 How to Protect your PC from Bitlord in Near Future
Steps to Turn On Safe Browsing Features
Internet Explorer: Activate SmartScreen Filter against Bitlord
- This can be done on IE Versions 8 and 9. It mailnly helps in detecting Bitlord while browsing
- Launch IE
- Choose Tools in IE 9. If you are using IE 8, Find Safety option in Menu
- Now Select SmartScreen Filter and opt for Turn on SmartScreen Filter
- Once done, Restart IE
How to Enable Phishing and Bitlord Protection on Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome browser
- Select Customize and Control Google Chrome (3-Bar Icon)
- Now Choose Settings from the option
- In the Settings Option, Click on Show advanced Settings which can be found at the bottom of the Setup
- Select Privacy Section and click on Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
- Now Restart Chrome, this will keep your browser safe from Bitlord
How to Block Bitlord Attack and Web Forgeries
- Click to Load Mozilla Firefox
- Press on Tools on Top Menu and Select options
- Choose Security and enable check mark on following
- warn me when some site installs add-ons
- Block reported Web forgeries
- Block reported attack Sites
If still Bitlord exists on your system, Scan your PC to detect and Get Rid of it
Kindly submit your question, incase if you wish to know more about Bitlord Removal