|ICEFOG is a Trojan|
|Trojan Dropped by ICEFOG are Trojan.Tikuffed.BX, Trojan:Win64/Simda.A, Trojan.Spy.Chadem.A, Snines, I-Worm.Moffas, Win32:Sirefef-AOO, Trojan.Ransom.PARPE, I-Worm.Music.d, Virus.Karnej.A!cli, Trojan.Win32.VB.ahhq, Vundo.HL, Trojan.BHO.fig, PWSteal.Lageliz.A|
|Related spyware Multi-Webcam Surveillance System, Spyware.SafeSurfing, Mkrndofl Toolbar, Wxdbpfvo Toolbar, SanitarDiska, Edfqvrw Toolbar, Relevancy, The Last Defender, Pvnsmfor Toolbar, OnlinePCGuard, Get-Torrent, RegistryCleanFix|
|Windows Error caused by ICEFOG are – 0x80240022 WU_E_ALL_UPDATES_FAILED Operation failed for all the updates., 0x00000044, 0x000000CC, 0x80243FFD WU_E_NON_UI_MODE Unable to show UI when in non-UI mode; WU client UI modules may not be installed., 0x80245002 WU_E_REDIRECTOR_S_FALSE The redirector XML document is missing some required information., x8024F001 WU_E_REPORTER_EVENTCACHECORRUPT The event cache file was defective., 0x00000062, 0x00000034|
|ICEFOG infects these windows .dll files ActionCenter.dll, tscfgwmi.dll, ehcommon.dll, eappprxy.dll, dinput.dll, mqcmiplugin.dll, sstpsvc.dll, infosoft.dll, rastapi.dll, ISymWrapper.dll, mll_qic.dll|
ICEFOG may have entered your pc through these software. If you have not installed them , then get rid of them Dexter 1.0.1 , Uptime with winfix X 1.0 , ForTVR Driver 3.6.2 , MetaMovie 2.2.1 , USB Audio Driver 3.3.0 , [utforma] 1.0.0. , Vice City Helper 2.0 , jalada AstroChase 1.6.1 , dff2dsf 1.3 , Orb 1.1 , Plush 1.0.7 , WebDesign Media Plugin Pack 1.1 , Big Files Finder 2.5 , YouTube Stack 1.0 , BroadbandOptimizer 1.5 , PhotoMagic 1.2.8 , Advanced Mailer , ASTRAconnect 0.5 , 4Easysoft Gphone Video Converter
ICEFOG : How To Delete? (Trojan Removal)
Technical Details On ICEFOG
- Name: ICEFOG
- Type: Trojan
- Risk Impact: High
- Infection Length: Varies
- Affected Systems: Windows OS
Know More About ICEFOG
ICEFOG is a kind of dangerous Trojan infection which is especially designed to attack poorly protected Windows operating system. It often uses masks in order to trick inexperienced computer users into clicking a malicious link and downloading rogue programs or files. The malware has the ability to exploit scripting in the system’s background to download infectious files or programs automatically without asking user’s permission by just redirected the targeted users to a website which is specifically created to spread notorious viruses over the Internet. Besides, ICEFOG is capable of deactivating the weaker anti-virus program that were installed on victim’s machine.
In addition to that, this Trojan can bypass the firewall and often remains undetected on the victimized user’s computer and started its malicious activities in the system’s background. That is why, victims of ICEFOG malware works unaware of the threat being installed on their device. Furthermore, it has cleverly altered the default configuration settings in compromised machine and modify the registry entries so that the harmful executables of this Trojan runs each and every time when Windows gets started. Meanwhile, manual removal of the malware may be possible, but in case, if the threat is fortified by a nasty rootkit, this infection can mask and bury harmful files and the components in BIOS, Kernel, or MBR.
How Does ICEFOG Virus Work?
Malicious components and files placed by this malware on your computer may be renamed as a legitimate elements of installed operating system. As a result, ICEFOG mat hook some legitimate processes running on your affected computer to circumvent its vicious activities. Therefore, the chances of deleting the crucial files are always high if you try to remove this Trojan manually from your system. It is strongly recommended to use a professional anti-malware utility to avoid removing important files that may lead to the corruption in hard drive. A powerful anti-malware tool is especially designed to contain an anti-rootkit component that can safely and immediately remove ICEFOG or its associated components in few simple clicks. So, without wasting any time, you should perform its removal in order to protect your machine from getting damaged by this Trojan severely.
Manual ICEFOG Removal Guide
Step 1: How to Start your PC in Safe Mode with Networking to Get Rid of ICEFOG
(For Win 7 | XP | Vista Users)
- first of all PC is to be rebooted in Safe Mode with Networking
- Select on Start Button and Click on Shutdown | Restart option and select OK
- when the PC restarts, keep tapping on F8 until you don’t get Advanced Boot Options.
- Safe Mode with Networking Option is to be selected from the list.
(For Win 8 | 8.1 | Win 10 Users)
- Click on Power Button near Windows Login Screen
- Keep Shift Button on the keyboard pressed and select Restart Option
- Now Select on Enable Safe Mode with Networking Option
In case ICEFOG, is not letting your PC to Start in Safe Mode, then following Step is to followed
Step 2: Remove ICEFOG Using System Restore Process
- PC need to be rebooted to Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- As soon as Command Prompt Window appear on the screen, select on cd restore and press on Enter option
Type rstrui.exe and Click on Enter again.
Now users need to Click on Next option and Choose restore point that was the last time Windows was working fine prior to ICEFOG infection. Once done, Click on Next button.
Select Yes to Restore your System and get rid of ICEFOG infection.
However, if the above steps does not work to remove ICEFOG, follow the below mentioned steps
Step:3 Unhide All Hidden Files and Folders to Delete ICEFOG
How to View ICEFOG Hidden Folders on Windows XP
- In order to show the hidden files and folders, you need to follow the given instructions:-
- Close all the Windows or minimize the opened application to go to desktop.
- Open “My Computer” by double-clicking on its icon.
- Click on Tools menu and select Folder options.
- Click on the View tab from the new Window.
- Check the Display contents of the system folders options.
- In the Hidden files and folders section, you need to put a check mark on Show hidden files and folders option.
- Click on Apply and then OK button. Now, close the Window.
- Now, you can see all the ICEFOG related hidden files and folders on the system.
How to Access ICEFOG Hidden folders on Windows Vista
- Minimize or close all opened tabs and go to Desktop.
- Go to the lower left of your screen, you will see Windows logo there, click on Start button.
- Go to Control Panel menu and click on it.
- After Control Panel got opened, there will two options, either “Classic View” or “Control Panel Home View”.
- Do the following when you are in “Classic View”.
- Double click on the icon and open Folder Options.
- Choose View tab.
- Again move to step 5.
- Do the following if you are “Control Panel Home View”.
- Hit button on Appearance and Personalization link.
- Chose Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Under the Hidden File or Folder section, click on the button which is right next to the Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Click on Apply button and then hit OK. Now, close the window.
- Now, to show you all hidden files or folders created by ICEFOG, you have successfully considered Windows Vista.
How to Unhide ICEFOG Created Folders on Windows 7
1. Go to the desktop and tap on the small rectangle which is located in the lower-right part of the system screen.
2. Now, just open the “Start” menu by clicking on the Windows start button which is located in the lower-left side of the PC screen that carries the windows logo.
3. Then after, look for the “Control Panel” menu option in the right-most row and open it.
4. When the Control Panel menu opens, then look for the “Folder Options” link.
5. Tap over the “View tab”.
6. Under the “Advanced Settings” category, double click on the “Hidden Files or Folders” associated with ICEFOG.
7. Next, just select the check-box in order to Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
8. After this, click on “Apply” >> “OK” and then close the menu.
9. Now, the Windows 7 should be configured to show you all hidden files, folders or drives.
Steps to Unhide ICEFOG related Files and Folders on Windows 8
- First of all, power on your Windows PC and click on start logo button that is found in left side of the system screen.
- Now, move to program lists and select control panel app.
- When Control panel is open completely, click on more settings option.
- After, you will see a Control panel Window and then you choose “Appearance and Personalization” tab.
- In Advance settings dialogue box, you need to tick mark on Show hidden files and folders and clear the check box for Hide protected system files.
- Click on Apply and Ok button. This apply option helps you to detect and eradicate all types of ICEFOG related suspicious files.
- Finally, navigate your mouse cursor on close option to exit this panel.
How to View ICEFOG associated folders on Windows 10
1. Open the folder if you wish to unhide files.
2. Search and Click on View in Menu bar
3. In Menu click on to view folder options.
4. Again click on View and Enable Radio Button associated with Show hidden files created by ICEFOG, folder and drive.
5. Press apply and OK.
Step 4: Press Start Key along with R- copy + paste the below stated command and Click on OK
- This will open up a new file, in case if your system has been hacked, some IP’s will be shown at the bottom of the screen
Click on the Start Menu, Input “Control Panel” in the search box —> Select. Network and Internet —> Network and Sharing Center —> Next Change Adapter Settings. Right-click your Internet connection —> Select on Properties.
- In case if you find Suspicious IP in the local host –or if you are finding it difficult and have any problem then submit question to us and we will be happy to help you.