This post dedicated to Instant Directions Search and its removal guide. If your System is infected with such a Potentially Unwanted Program and you really want to get rid of it then go through with this guide completely.
Instant Directions Search is Another PUP. What Such Classification Implies?
Instant Directions Search is categorized by security experts as a Potentially Unwanted Program comes from the most popular marketing Company, Polarity Technologies Ltd. However, it is promoted by its creator as a legitimate and helpful application that claims users to deliver the map services to new page directly and also include a search provider to enhance browsing experience. On the homepage of this application, you can find the links of most popular map services from Microsoft Corp. and Google Inc. The new tab for the Instant Directions Search includes the customized search engine by Yahoo domain. At the first sight, it seems as a helpful but its behavior is completely different. Before, you know about its behavior, take a closer look at it's homepage interface.
Reasons Which Recommended System User To Not Use Instant Directions Search
Instant Directions Search is promoted on it's official site, search.searchidd.com and available to download on the Chrome web store. The primary objective of this program is to trick all System users who explore Internet using the Chromium based browsers including Google Chrome and its all alternatives. The company behind this program is known for sponsoring the freeware software creators and monetizing the cost-free application through the paid search results. It is mainly programmed to manage users default search engine or homepage to search.searchidd.com. The use of such a program will confirm the notion of creator of Instant Directions Search to earn money via pay-per-click campaign.
Instant Directions Search is well known for modifying browser settings and delivers endless pop-up ads and links on entire visited webpages or desktop screen in the several form such as full window ads, banner ads, comparison prices, discounts, deals and in-text ads. Clicking on any ads will lead you to a new tab where results are delivered by Yahoo domain and generate online revenues for unknown. Through these way, the developers of Instant Directions Search get online money from victims.
Propagation Channels of Instant Directions Search
- Available to download on Chrome web store and search.searchidd.com site.
- Bundled along with the shareware and freeware application.
- Packed within the junk mail attachments or spam campaigns.
- Fake software updater.
- Torrent downloads, gambling sites, contaminated devices, P2P file sharing sites etc.
Learn To Remove Instant Directions Search Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete Instant Directions Search Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of Instant Directions Search Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to Instant Directions Search related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from Instant Directions Search On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing Instant Directions Search from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.