These days, lots of sites, services and applications offers login with Facebook or Google account so that user have to pay less or minimum time to access their preferable sites, services or applications respectively. For some sites, browser opens the separate window to enter user username as well as password whereas some sites requite user to login with Facebook or Google on their desired site. But despite of all these facts, a question make echoes at mind of system users. Is it safe to login with Facebook or Google account?
Know What Will Happen When You Login With Facebook or Google Account
The process of using set of Facebook, Google or other account’s credentials to login to 3rd-party website, application or services is mainly handled by Oath protocol. Yes, you heard absolutely right, this action is handled by such a protocol. When you will get such a message and click on button to Login with Facebook or Google account then you will enter on your account credentials and launch your account with Oath dialog box which mainly asks user to approve terms of privacy and login.
With this tactic, 3rd-party site will never know your account’s password but they can get access to your crucial details like your email address, profile picture, friends list, messages and many more. It has also ability to post on your account wall on your behalf. But since, each coin has two face. So, some of the time, it is helpful but some of the cases, it is unnecessary.
Get Familiar With Pros If You Login With Facebook or Google Account
- Site doesn’t keep your password.
- Your personal detail will stay safe on Facebook or Google account’s server.
- Allows you to add 2-factor authentication to your social site.
- Only few passwords to keep track off.
- Simple to revoke access by clicking on ‘REVOKE ACCESS’ button.
Know About Cons If You Login With Facebook or Google Account
- You must always sign in with Facebook or Google account to creates the account on other site.
- You have to manage several passwords.
- The 3rd-party site may access your social media data like your friend lists.
- Hackers can access your several websites.