What is known about Java NotDharma ransomware?
Java NotDharma ransomware is a newest member of file-encrypting virus family which might uses AES cryptography algorithm in order to encode the files stored on victim's machine. However, it is still under-development phase and the security researchers were investigating the main sources and other malicious properties of this malware. Even though the cyber security analysts haven't published the research report related to this virus, we can only assume that what kind of harmful activities it can perform on the victim's machine based on the research data of similar virus. Although, we will publish the complete data and update the article later when getting exact details on the working algorithm of Java NotDharma ransomware.
After encoding the targeted system files, it might add a weird file extension onto every encrypted data. Based on the previous research report of such notorious virus, it can be assumed that the malware may also started including the victim's ID number and email address for contact purposes. Files encoded by this ransomware are usually the most needful or useful ones, like spreadsheets, scientific data, video files, business documents, presentations, photos, audio and databases. Hence, there is no surprise why cyber extortionists behind Java NotDharma ransomware or other file-encoder viruses are successful in receiving the ransom money from the victimized computer users.
How Java NotDharma ransomware Works on Victim's PC?
Furthermore, once following the successful file encryption, the malware drops a ransom note that might be named as 'FILES ENCRYPTED.TXT' file. The different versions of Java NotDharma ransomware might name this ransom note differently. Besides, the victimized users are then asked to contact the threat actors through provided email address. Technically speaking, hackers behind this ransomware might use couple of different email address in order to communicate with its victims. However, cyber security experts do not recommend contacting the racketeers through provided email address.
Do You Need To Pay Asked Ransom Fee?
According to the malware researchers, you need to pay asked ransom money to the operators of Java NotDharma ransomware because there is no guarantee that even after making the successful ransom payment, you will get the right decryption key. However, it is still unknown that how much ransom money the hackers demand from the victims of this malware, but you should avoid paying them. For this reason, security analysts at RMV strongly recommend you to delete this malware completely and permanently from the system and then try to restore the files from backup copies or alternative file recovery methods. In order to perform Java NotDharma ransomware removal, you need to use a powerful anti-malware shield like the one recommended below in the article.
Remove Java NotDharma ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove Java NotDharma ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove Java NotDharma ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To Java NotDharma ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find Java NotDharma ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove Java NotDharma ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove Java NotDharma ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the Java NotDharma ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the Java NotDharma ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.