In this post, you will get to know about how to“ fix the System call failed” error in Windows 10 is a pop-up error generated by Windows OS when the Explorer.exe process encounters a problem. The “System call failed” error in Windows 10 is directly related to explorer.exe crashes. However, there is no single reason which would explain why this is happening. Explorer.exe or Windows Explorer File is one of the cores Windows OS parts, so it’s practically impossible for Windows to run smoothly without it. For the most part, the problem occurs due to the pro-longed explorer.exe performance. Thus, restarting it should solve the problem. Nevertheless, the problem may be a bit deeper.
Method 1: Run System File Checker
- Step 1: Right-click on Windows key and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Step 2: Alternatively, you can open search and type Command Prompt.
- Step 3: Right-click on the option and select Run as Administrator.
- Step 4: Now copy and paste the SFC /Scannow command.
- Step 5: Press Enter to execute it. Thus, the scan may take some time, so be patient.
- Step 6: All errors should be fixed automatically, so your interference won’t be needed. Close Command Prompt after a scan and check if System File Checker helped to fix the “System call failed” error.
Method 2: Restart Explorer.exe Process
- Step 1: Altogether press Ctrl + Alt + Del keys to open Task Manager.
- Step 2: Open the Details tab and find Explorer.exe.
- Step 3: Right-click on it and select End Task.
- Step 4: Click Yes on the message saying “WARNING: Terminating a process can cause undesired results” if you agree.
- Step 5: Then open the File tab and select Run new task.
- Step 6: Type explorer.exe and that’s it.
Method 3: Re-register Windows 10 Apps
- Step 1: Press Windows key and type PowerShell.
- Step 2: Right-click on PowerShell option and select Run as administrator.
- Step 3: Paste the following commands in the PowerShell window:
- Step 4: Now close PowerShell and check if the missing apps were successfully pinned to the Start Menu.
Method 4: Try Clean Boot
- Step 1: Click Windows key + R and type MSConfig.
- Step 2: Click System Configuration and open Services tab.
- Step 3: Mark Hide all Microsoft services box and select Disable all.
- Step 4: Open the Startup tab and click Open Task Manager.
- Step 5: Click on each startup item and select Disable.
- Step 6: Close Task Manager and click OK on the System Configuration window.
- Step 7: Reboot the system.
Now the computer will reboot and allow the refresh or repair of Windows 10 in a manner to complete the process. Thus, in case if you still receive the “System Call Failed” Error In Windows 10 error then contact its technical support executive or refer to its service center to resolve the issue.