Marlin.exe Siacoin : Get the latest information about the new Trojan infection
Marlin Miner is a recently discovered Trojan virus which uses victim's GPU or graphics card to mine digital currency known as Siacoin. Once installed on your system then it will execute a digital currency miner called Marlin.exe that mines Siacoin for the malware developers by utilizing the resources your GPU's Processor. The main scary things about this infection is that it will use your entire GPU's processing powers infinitely. Marlin.exe Siacoin causes your graphics card gets heated and urns at very hot temperature for a longer period of time which may abolish and decrease the life of the card. You may not identify the presence of the infection and its running status but you can see the symptoms that helps you to determine the infection activities on the compromised system. Several symptoms are given below.
Symptoms that indicated you about the infection presence of Marlin.exe Siacoin
- You may notice the running process called Marlin.exe and with a description of Marlin.exe running in the TaskManager. This may not using high use of CPU powers as it is the GPU that is doing the mining.
- You are able to see the process known as VMProtectks.exe and with a description of "_kill_" running in the TaskManager.
- Your Windows getting slowly maximize and minimize.
- Games runs very slow and videos stutter.
- System programs don't open quickly.
- System start behaving very slowly.
How did Marlin.exe Siacoin ended on my computer?
This Marlin.exe Siacoin might be installed on my system along with the bundles of third party programs that can be easily downloaded on your system without your consent. As you may not know that most of the free programs do not reveal their list of installation programs because they carry additional with the actual package. The additional might be the infection program that is going to install on your system without your consent. That's why you should use an updated anti-virus protection which secure your system from unwanted installation and alert you about suspicious downloading programs.
Hence, you you should do not getting late to remove Marlin.exe Siacoin from your system as soon as possible by using a trusted anti-malware on the infected machine.
Steps to Delete Marlin.exe Siacoin
Step: 1 Restart your Windows PC in Safe Mode
Find the complete details on how to Reboot your PC in Safe Mode (if you are a novice, follow the above given instructions on how to boot up your PC in Safe mode irrespective of the Windows Version that is being used as Windows XP, 7, Win 8, 8.1 and Windows 10)
Step:2 Remove Marlin.exe Siacoin from Task Manager
Press CTRL+ALT+DEL simulataneously to open Task manager. Find Marlin.exe Siacoin Related processes or any other suspicious processes that are running on it. Now Select and delete Marlin.exe Siacoin virus from Task Manager at once.
Step:3 How to Delete Marlin.exe Siacoin Related Startup Items
Press Win + R together and Type “msconfig”.
Now press Enter Key or Select OK.
“Startup” option is to be selected on the Pop-up Window Tab
Now Search for Marlin.exe Siacoin Related applications on Startup Items
Now Uncheck all Unknown or Suspicious items from “System Configuration” related to Marlin.exe Siacoin
Now Click and Select Restart to Start your Computer in Normal Mode
Step: 4 How to Delete Marlin.exe Siacoin from Windows Registry
- Press Win + R in combination to Open Run Box, Type regedit on the search box and press enter.
- This will Open the registry entries.
- Find Marlin.exe Siacoin related entries from the list and carefully delete it. However be careful and do not delete any other entries as this could severely damage the Windows Component.
Also, after completing the above steps, it is important to search for any folders and files that has been created by Marlin.exe Siacoin and if found must be deleted.
Step 5 How to View Hidden Files and Folders Created by Marlin.exe Siacoin
- Click on the Start Menu
- Go to Control Panel, and Search for folder Options
- Click on view hidden files and folders Options, For your convenience, we have included complete process on how to unhide files on all Windows Version. This will delete all the files and folders associated with Marlin.exe Siacoin that was existing on your compromised system.
Still, if you are unable to get rid of Marlin.exe Siacoin using manual steps, you need to scan your PC to detect Marlin.exe Siacoin.
Don’t forget to submit your questions or any other queries if you have and get complete solution from our Expert’s Panel. Good Luck!