This article will guide you to remove Melissa Virus from the deceived computer system. Hence, read all the given instructions properly at the end of this post.
|Name of Threat||Melissa Virus|
|Type of Threat||Trojan Horse|
|Affected System||8, 10, Win 32/64, 8.1, Vista, 7, XP.|
|Infected Web Browser||Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, Chrome, Safari.|
|Dispersal Methods||Corrupted external drives, untrustworthy downloading sources, fake software updater, etc.|
Complete Information On Melissa Virus
Melissa Virus is a deleterious Operating System infection which was discovered on 9th April 2016 and that belongs to the Trojans Horse classification of the virus. It is a Microsoft Word macro virus which can easily pollute various kinds of Windows Operating System like 10, XP, 8/8.1, Vista, Win 32/64, 7, etc and several very much popular Web Browser Search Engines like Safari, Microsoft Edge, Opera, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc. The prime objective of developing such malicious threat by the cybercriminal of the deceived computer system is to extort a huge amount of illicit profit from the victim of the contaminated machines. It can generate an outlook object deploying the visual code which helps in accessing fifty contacts from the address book when any malicious emails are sent. It is specially designed to target the only Outlook and the attachments are named as LIST.DOC.
Technical Details About Melissa Virus
Melissa Virus is a calamitous kind of cyber threat which can very quietly get invaded into the victimized Operating System by using some spreading techniques such as peer to peer file sharing network, Corrupted external drives, fake software updater, untrustworthy downloading sources, fake software updater, downloading torrents websites, reading junked e-mail attachments, online gaming server, pornographic or adult sites, fake invoices, download free things from untrusted websites, click commercial ads embedded malicious codes, software bundling method, untrustworthy downloading sources, free file hosting websites, email spam campaigns, hacked executable files, corrupted external drives and many others. It can easily monitor the browsing session of the user for sharing its all confidential data and sensitive information with the third party in order to generate some revenue from Pay Per Download or Pay Per Install techniques.
Shortcomings Caused By Melissa Virus
Melissa Virus is a notorious computer infection which can stop the working operation of the security application like anti-virus programs and firewall protection mechanism of the deceived computer system. It may even share all the crucial information with the main intention of withdrawing illegal profit from the victimized user of the polluted system.
How To Eliminate Melissa Virus
It is always recommended to eliminate Melissa Virus from the corrupted computer system by using any appropriate removal techniques like manual or automatic tools.
Manual Melissa Virus Removal Guide
Step 1: How to Start your PC in Safe Mode with Networking to Get Rid of Melissa Virus
(For Win 7 | XP | Vista Users)
- first of all PC is to be rebooted in Safe Mode with Networking
- Select on Start Button and Click on Shutdown | Restart option and select OK
- when the PC restarts, keep tapping on F8 until you don’t get Advanced Boot Options.
- Safe Mode with Networking Option is to be selected from the list.
(For Win 8 | 8.1 | Win 10 Users)
- Click on Power Button near Windows Login Screen
- Keep Shift Button on the keyboard pressed and select Restart Option
- Now Select on Enable Safe Mode with Networking Option
In case Melissa Virus, is not letting your PC to Start in Safe Mode, then following Step is to followed
Step 2: Remove Melissa Virus Using System Restore Process
- PC need to be rebooted to Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- As soon as Command Prompt Window appear on the screen, select on cd restore and press on Enter option
Type rstrui.exe and Click on Enter again.
Now users need to Click on Next option and Choose restore point that was the last time Windows was working fine prior to Melissa Virus infection. Once done, Click on Next button.
Select Yes to Restore your System and get rid of Melissa Virus infection.
However, if the above steps does not work to remove Melissa Virus, follow the below mentioned steps
Step:3 Unhide All Hidden Files and Folders to Delete Melissa Virus
How to View Melissa Virus Hidden Folders on Windows XP
- In order to show the hidden files and folders, you need to follow the given instructions:-
- Close all the Windows or minimize the opened application to go to desktop.
- Open “My Computer” by double-clicking on its icon.
- Click on Tools menu and select Folder options.
- Click on the View tab from the new Window.
- Check the Display contents of the system folders options.
- In the Hidden files and folders section, you need to put a check mark on Show hidden files and folders option.
- Click on Apply and then OK button. Now, close the Window.
- Now, you can see all the Melissa Virus related hidden files and folders on the system.
How to Access Melissa Virus Hidden folders on Windows Vista
- Minimize or close all opened tabs and go to Desktop.
- Go to the lower left of your screen, you will see Windows logo there, click on Start button.
- Go to Control Panel menu and click on it.
- After Control Panel got opened, there will two options, either “Classic View” or “Control Panel Home View”.
- Do the following when you are in “Classic View”.
- Double click on the icon and open Folder Options.
- Choose View tab.
- Again move to step 5.
- Do the following if you are “Control Panel Home View”.
- Hit button on Appearance and Personalization link.
- Chose Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Under the Hidden File or Folder section, click on the button which is right next to the Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Click on Apply button and then hit OK. Now, close the window.
- Now, to show you all hidden files or folders created by Melissa Virus, you have successfully considered Windows Vista.
How to Unhide Melissa Virus Created Folders on Windows 7
1. Go to the desktop and tap on the small rectangle which is located in the lower-right part of the system screen.
2. Now, just open the “Start” menu by clicking on the Windows start button which is located in the lower-left side of the PC screen that carries the windows logo.
3. Then after, look for the “Control Panel” menu option in the right-most row and open it.
4. When the Control Panel menu opens, then look for the “Folder Options” link.
5. Tap over the “View tab”.
6. Under the “Advanced Settings” category, double click on the “Hidden Files or Folders” associated with Melissa Virus.
7. Next, just select the check-box in order to Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
8. After this, click on “Apply” >> “OK” and then close the menu.
9. Now, the Windows 7 should be configured to show you all hidden files, folders or drives.
Steps to Unhide Melissa Virus related Files and Folders on Windows 8
- First of all, power on your Windows PC and click on start logo button that is found in left side of the system screen.
- Now, move to program lists and select control panel app.
- When Control panel is open completely, click on more settings option.
- After, you will see a Control panel Window and then you choose “Appearance and Personalization” tab.
- In Advance settings dialogue box, you need to tick mark on Show hidden files and folders and clear the check box for Hide protected system files.
- Click on Apply and Ok button. This apply option helps you to detect and eradicate all types of Melissa Virus related suspicious files.
- Finally, navigate your mouse cursor on close option to exit this panel.
How to View Melissa Virus associated folders on Windows 10
1. Open the folder if you wish to unhide files.
2. Search and Click on View in Menu bar
3. In Menu click on to view folder options.
4. Again click on View and Enable Radio Button associated with Show hidden files created by Melissa Virus, folder and drive.
5. Press apply and OK.
Step 4: Press Start Key along with R- copy + paste the below stated command and Click on OK
- This will open up a new file, in case if your system has been hacked, some IP’s will be shown at the bottom of the screen
Click on the Start Menu, Input “Control Panel” in the search box —> Select. Network and Internet —> Network and Sharing Center —> Next Change Adapter Settings. Right-click your Internet connection —> Select on Properties.
- In case if you find Suspicious IP in the local host –or if you are finding it difficult and have any problem then submit question to us and we will be happy to help you.